Why Cuticle oil for enhancement maintenance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missvain

Reaction score
I have read frequently on here that it is good practice to apply cuticle oil twice a day as after-care for nail enhancements. What is the reason behind this? Does it help the enhancements stay on / prevent lifting? If so, how does the cuticle oil help prevent lifting - what does it do? Why would dry cuticles cause enhancements to have a shorter life span?

Cuticle oil such as solar oil helps the product cure in the first couple of days and keeps the enhancment and natural nail underneath flexible well nurished and conditioned.

Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction :D

I was reading the thread posted by Sandi, it was very informative. But one question: If gel is non porous (unlike L/P), then the cuticle oil will not help the gel enhancement in being less brittle, am I correct? If it cannot penetrate the gel enhancement, then neither will it be able to reach the natural nail underneath the enhancement too? How then does it help in the case of gel nails?

it gets in round the edges where you leave a margin if the natural nail. and while it may not penetrate your gel, it helps maintain the health of the natural nail which results in increased flexibility.

Gels are not completely non porous.

They just have a much tighter polymer weave, reducing the size of the hydrophilic and lypophilic channels. Over time even gels will absorb a very fine oil such as Solar Oil.

Latest posts

Back