Why do her hands looks like this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyChips

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So this is my clients hands and she claims this is caused from chemicals and the dry air but i am actually concerned. Her index finger looks like its a tooth mark ? what does everyone think ? I know she is a nail bitter which is obvious by her nail beds but i mean her broken skin she is blowing off weather and cleaning just diesnt add up? (To me) thoughts ?

ATTACH=full]201882[/ATTACH]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478105739.476477.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478105765.798211.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478067296.902862.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478067296.902862.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 190
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478067312.697846.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478067312.697846.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 163
It looks like the skin is peeling off.
It could be a reaction to something either chemical usage or allergy?
GP visit needed I think to advise

it looks like a reaction to something alright

possibly harsh chemicals from cleaning products or anything of that nature :)

Contact dermatitis. I had it from over exposure to acrylates (the chemicals in gel nails, acrylic nails, some lash glues). I now wear gloves during all my treatments and my hands are much better. Hope your ladies hands are better soon x

I second contact dermatitis as i also get this with cleaning products without gloves xxx

Thank you all [emoji3]

So does this mean that I should avoid using solar oil on her skin?

Imo, she should definitely use Solar Oil.

This happened to a few of my friends mostly chefs who have to wash their hands a gazillion times a day and allergies.
Most the time I refuse to do acrylic or anything to the nails because the condition could get aggravated using the products and touching skin around and logically how you going to remove the nail enhancement afterwards! That is a major issue, although my friends hand are much worse then this picture.

I used to bite the skin around my nails and it would look like this at its worst and even now I can sometimes absentmindedly pick the skin off because the top layers are so thin

Latest posts

Back