Why do my thumb nails burn all the time with acrylic nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have had acrylic nails on for about a year now.
Can anyone tell me why my thumb nails constantly burn in the nail plate?
I had infills done yesterday and I asked the technician to check as I feel like they are lifting..I have them shaped almond and I feel this makes them lift more.
The tech checked them and said they were fine..but they are still constantly burning.
The tech seemed to think that I may have knocked my thumb nails but that doesn't explain why they burn alllllll the time.
I asked my regular nail lady to take them off as I had had them on for so long and do a new set but she doesn't think they need redoing.
Any suggestions?

I find if I have tips on my thumb, because my thumb is too big for the tip when it is glued it is constantly pulling up due to the shape of the tip wanting to go back to its original position, this causes a burning sensation for me?

If you don't have tips on you could have particularly sensitive nails which perhaps are reacting to the acrylic product? Or acid primer if used?

I find if I have tips on my thumb, because my thumb is too big for the tip when it is glued it is constantly pulling up due to the shape of the tip wanting to go back to its original position, this causes a burning sensation for me?

If you don't have tips on you could have particularly sensitive nails which perhaps are reacting to the acrylic product? Or acid primer if used?
I think the tip has grown out by now...its odd that if I were reacting to the acrylic that it would just be on the thumbs ...it drives me crazy!!

If they are uncomfortable I would remove them. If a client told me that her thumbs were burning from a product at a consultation I wouldn't be applying it.

If they are uncomfortable I would remove them. If a client told me that her thumbs were burning from a product at a consultation I wouldn't be applying it.
Also if you've had them on so long with the burning sensation and the lifting feeling I'd be concerned about what's going on underneath and would want to check there was no damage

Then surely it's the wrong sized tip!

If a Client came to me saying her nails were burning all the time I would insist on removal, I certainly wouldn't tell her it would all be okay and continue with maintenance.

Do you think it's worth getting them taken off and redone? I thought that it was good every 6 months or so to take the acrylic off and redo them..incase any of them have lifted..but she doesn't think it's required.

Do you think it's worth getting them taken off and redone? I thought that it was good every 6 months or so to take the acrylic off and redo them..incase any of them have lifted..but she doesn't think it's required.
I'd get them removed and see how your own nails are first before having anything else done.

Thanks Ciderella71...I think I'll see how they go.If the burning becomes unbearable i'll take them off and have a break.

Latest posts

Back