Why Do People Have To Be So Horrible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
i don't even like carrot cake but in the shop next to my work they do a big carrot cake with carrots made out icing on the top LOL

You do know how to rub salt in a wound dont you :eek:

Oh and by the way....I didn't ever take the mickey out of your height have I...you have to agree with that ?

Talking of height restrictions.....catsaremad is very quiet these day's
:lol::lol:

I've found people very friendly and helpful on here. I'm not a professional I'm saving for the training I want at the moment and have found the site invaluable. The only times I have seen 'sharp' responses to threads are when newbies-
a) don't listen to the advice being given by the pro's.
b) post threads without using the search facility, sometimes repeating threads that have been asked just hours earlier etc :(

i don't even like carrot cake but in the shop next to my work they do a big carrot cake with carrots made out icing on the top LOL

Sorry a bit off topic again .... Mmmmm Kimi yummy carrot cake .... I just made some sugar cookies and put Betty Crocker White and fluffy Vanilla frosting on them and rainbow sprinkles I think its the same sort of frosting they put on those carrot cakes its so yummy tastes like french Vanilla ice cream :lick: ....
Collin I'll save you some sugar cookies ..... but only if you be nice a nice kitty Cat again .... and stop being a meanie Spat cat to Kimi :)

I've found people very friendly and helpful on here. I'm not a professional I'm saving for the training I want at the moment and have found the site invaluable. The only times I have seen 'sharp' responses to threads are when newbies-
a) don't listen to the advice being given by the pro's.
b) post threads without using the search facility, sometimes repeating threads that have been asked just hours earlier etc :(

Hi, I think they sound like very fair and true comments bejewelled :)

and just to add ..... that it's nothing personal at all ,
I think we all have different personality's and sometimes being professionals we can clash , especially us women sometimes :)
but if we go back and later on and re read the thread that got us angry in the first place ....
it can seem really different from reading it the first time in the heat of the moment ,
unfortunately that's the time when most of us answer the post
which can makes matters worse :eek: minky

:lol:

You do know how to rub salt in a wound dont you :eek:

Oh and by the way....I didn't ever take the mickey out of your height have I...you have to agree with that ?

Talking of height restrictions.....catsaremad is very quiet these day's
:lol::lol:

oiiiii !!!!

I have been busy !!!! pick on kim !!!

Going back to the origional thread I have to agree with Mrs Geek.

There will always be people who like to sling the muck, let them crack on and watch them disappear from the forums because they are too embarressed to admit they were wrong or worse they have failed horribly because they just would not listen to the industry icons..............

oiiiii !!!!

I have been busy !!!! pick on kim !!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Minky - we should have a geek meet at the carrot cake shop, ill have caramel shortcake nmmmmmmmmm

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Minky - we should have a geek meet at the carrot cake shop, ill have caramel shortcake nmmmmmmmmm

he he , i will send you caramel !!!

and just to add ..... that it's nothing personal at all ,
I think we all have different personality's and sometimes being professionals we can clash , especially us women sometimes :)
but if we go back and later on and re read the thread that got us angry in the first place ....
it can seem really different from reading it the first time in the heat of the moment ,
unfortunately that's the time when most of us answer the post
which can makes matters worse :eek: minky

Sometimes it is hard not to offend people as the truth often hurts.We may come across as rude but us hairdressers are a passionate bunch, we are proud of our industry and if we disagree with people we should sometimes agree to disagree without compromising our beliefs.

I also agree Minky that some people can answer in the heat of the moment, and A good example of this is your delayed reply to
Cutting Hair Extensions originally posted by clazaridis (which may or may not be her inspiration for this thread) .

Your reply was very fair, very balanced and put in a inoffensive way. You echoed what the majority of us had said whilst still being pleasant .Not that posts have been nasty but it cant hurt to count to 10 before we reply in future.:hug:

I often find that threads like this are started, when the poster didnt like the info given! MHO anyway! :?:;)

I agree with this to.

I think sometimes people don't like replies to their question when the vast majority can see that the answer is not rude or harsh just the truth !

Ive seen some posts recently about hair extensions, people wanting homework done etc and have got their knickers in a twist over it and the whole thing usually boils down to the OP not being adequately trained in the first place :eek:

Funny enough, us experienced hair geeks usually agree, and although we are all different personalities, never fall out.

On many occaisions we have put our heads together to try and solve genuine problems for less experienced hair geeks, usually they are pleased with the help and advice.

I'm sure this thread was started because of my responses re extensions thread.

So can I give you a different perspective?

I have trained for 3 years, spent another 7 years getting to a good standard, then worked hard to maintain, and update that standard for another 15 years. I do hair all day, every day for a living.

Then along comes someone who has done 2 days, and beleives that it comes "naturally"
With almost no training (2 days is nothing in the hair world) berates me for expressing my horror.

If I am seriously expected to be nice, sweet and supportive of unsafe, unethical and foolhardy ventures, then I am on the wrong forum.

I took a load of personal abuse over this thread. At no time was I personal or abusive to her.

I think Minky has good advice here, in counting to 10 before posting. I think I will make it a rule not to respond to newbies or untrained people as it seems they don't respond well.

YouTube - She doesn't even go here!

This sums it up....(well the cake bit anyway)

Thats how I feel. We are all here to help each other. No one intentionally goes out to be mean (apart from Collin) but sometimes it is difficult to take critisism or harsh advice.

:) xxxxxxxxx i love you alll....LOL

I just love this site, and if I were to slapped on the wrist for being an idiot I would welcome it, because it would stop me from looking like a complete plank infront of the clients, as long as the person knew what they were talking about, WHY would I question what they put?
Persianista, please don't stop replying to newbies or untrained people, because usually they are the ones that need enlightening most:D

I agree smartypantz we do get invaluable advice from Industry icons in hair , skin and nails .
We are very lucky to be living in this technological age where a reply can be instantaneous (ooops) but this obviously means that the replys can be mis construed and be taken as personal insults as opposed to advice.

I often find that threads like this are started, when the poster didnt like the info given! MHO anyway! :?:;)
I sort of agree with this....and we are all different...some are direct and to the point,others are not,i would not take things too the extreme when on a forum.Just get over it,and move on i say....and i say this with a smile on my face and without sarcasm;):D

Oh nooo Lucelastix ......
I meant this the other way around chuckle .... just shows how things can become muddled :o lol.....

What I meant was that this particular thread should never have been started in the first place .... as I feel this particular thread was posted by the OP in the heat of the moment ! .....

persianista I think you give out good and honest answers,
please do not stop posting to newbies as I think this forum would be a pretty dull and boring place if we all posted the same sort of answers
and even more boring if you counted to ten lol .... :hug: x minky

Personally I think this really has run its course now and doesnt need to remain here.

I hope that the original poster can see that there is no one on this forum who is horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back