Why does it takes me so long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corral

Reaction score
Why does it take me so long to do a acrylic fill,or set,sometimes I just want to give up and throw in the towel,and think maybe I'm just not good enough,how long does it take you guys :banghead:(

Have you only recently qualified? When I started I think my early sets would be around the 2.5 - 3 hr mark! But this is perfectly normal in the beginning. Several years later my times are between 1 - 1.5 hrs depending what they're having.

But regular practice will eventually speed your times up.

Hey!
I'm in EXACTLY the same position.
I did my training last August and have only done a few sets. They take me 2+ hours at the moment.
However I've just started a new job and she's stopped me doing acrylics as I'm not 'ready' yet apparently.

I think we need to just practice, practice, practice have confidence.
When my manager said that it really knocked me!
But over time I'm sure we'll both be great

Best wishes!

Lauren xx

If you don't talk. Use electric drill you can do it in less then hour.
Chances are your clients won't be happy.

Even the famous nuni Torres who is amazing !!! Takes 2 hour sometimes 2 half hours on set of pink and whites.
That man is my ultimate guru when I even get as good as him I will be happy to die !

I know how you feel! When I first started, I did a 5 day intensive course with CND. It took me 4hrs to do a full set !! And I was the first to finish!! After that, it took me ages to get my time down and amount of times I was going to just give it up and the voices in my head " you CANT do this " and the tears of pain and anguish were unbearable!!! But, as with everything it took time and practice to get my timing down to industry standards and you will get there too! Have you just recently qualified ? Try using a clock an set yourself a time goal and work from there, this helpt me. :)

It takes me just under an hour to do a full set of pink and white acrylics. . I used to take longer so I broke down each step and worked out how to do it faster. Obviously think about what you need before you start, have everything to hand. As you do each step, think ahead about what to do next and just get on with it. Keep moving. Keep your head down and don't get distracted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why does it take me so long to do a acrylic fill,or set,sometimes I just want to give up and throw in the towel,and think maybe I'm just not good enough,how long does it take you guys :banghead:(

If you break down each step and look at which part you think is taking you longer than it should then you'll know where you need more practise. The main thing is the overall look of the nail, your timings will decrease the more experienced and confident you get. x

Thanks so much,you guys are really really amazing human beings.i have been working on and off for twenty years,i had 5 year break and have only begun again recently.also in the twenty years it's been on and off,because i have 6 girls and i was busy bringing them up,and now that the youngest is nearly 3years old,i have begun to work again from home,as i want to do something for myself.

I sometimes feel very slow but id rather have a happy customer than speed through and make a mess!

I understand where your coming from, I have been qualified for a few years and due to other commitments have not done much, but hope to change things this year, I have been getting my bits and pieces together and hope to advertise soon within the next couple of weeks, my times are about 2.5 hours for a full set, taking my time I am quiet slow so need to speed up a bit, but I was told when I trained that was ok and main thing was that the end result was excellent and a happy customer. I do worry that because I am slow this may put people off a little but suppose I will find out soon enough. Thinking of buying a practice hand to practice on and get a good routine going as I have to keep reminding myself of the next step etc lol. Good luck with things and like me just keep practicing we have invested to much time and money not to give things a go.

Top tip: keep asking client questions which require long answers so you can get your head down and crack on!

ie. so tell me all about your hospital visit/holiday/grandchildren/house move.

You only need to keep nodding lol

Top tip: keep asking client questions which require long answers so you can get your head down and crack on!

ie. so tell me all about your hospital visit/holiday/grandchildren/house move.

You only need to keep nodding lol

Love it lol just hope you nod and grunt an answer in the right place :)

Latest posts

Back