Why doesn't Creative polish dry completely?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work with CND polishes and dont have any problems. Of course you will always get clients who complain that their enamel smudged, but a bit of investigation usually reveals that they left the salon, went home and got straight on with cooking the tea or something.

A couple of nights ago I painted my toes using CND enamel. I did a stickey base coat, two coats of voodoo, one coat of limelight and a topcoat, so that was three coats of enamel. I did them at about 5pm ish, by seven pm I had my slippers back on, the next morning there were no linen marks and they look spotless!

However - I have had problems with one particular shade of CND enamel. I cant remember the name but its from the Imperial Anarchy collection and its the one that I call "London Bus Red" (if you can relate to that). It just does not dry, and I dont know if it is this shade in general or just my particular bottle. I painted a colourpop at the salon, left it out to dry overnight, and the next day when I went in, I picked it up and it was still wet. To be honest I just put it down to being a faulty one and didnt even think enough of it to contact CND, I just dont use it. If I had this problem with more than one colour I would have questioned it before now, but I use CND full time and dont have any problems.

I use CND polishes and have never had a problem with them. i use a sticky base coat, 2 coats of polish then either super shiney or heat dry which alot of my clients prefer.

I dislike CND polish very much for this reason. It seems to be hit and miss so I dont even try to use it anymore.

as a rule i dont have a prob with cnd polish - but just last week had a client in with "scuff" marks - i actually think its down to those bloody gloves again - this client wears gloves for EVERYTHING, so i did the test (as geeg suggested) so we will see just how much these bloody gloves are to blame - i have every confidence that its the gloves - ive used cnd polish alot, and never had a prob - ive even managed to convince my boss that cnd polish is better cos of the thixopropic ingredient - she now coming to my way of thinking - yey

Latest posts

Back