Why I wish there was an S2 in the U.S.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMama

Reaction score
Sorry, this is long. One of the large distributor chains has a store very close to my house. They don't have much for nails (mostly hair), but I still like going in often since it's like my candy store. The nice ladies that work there all know me and rush over to see my nails every time I go in. They all talk about how perfect they are etc. I'm very flattered. My nails are oh so far from perfect, but it's nice to hear the compliments. They also frequently ask my advice and even ask me to help other customers in the store. One of the employees in particular is always complaining about how her nails never look good, don't last, etc. Even though they know nothing about nails, they can purchase whatever they want since they work there. This woman does her own shellac, brisa lite, etc. I have told this woman repeatedly that she does not get the results she expects because she is not using the correct lamp. I have explained everything, Doug Schoon, blah blah blah. I have also heard them telling licensed cosmetologists that it's fine to mix systems, so I addressed that issue as well. They were impressed with my chemistry lesson and asked where I learned all this info since they knew you don't learn anything in school. So I said that I have taken all the CND courses, studied all Doug Schoon's technical articles, etc. That's when they went silent. They were like "Oh. You learned this from CND." People think it's a conspiracy to make money off of lamps and force people to use a complete system as it is intended. They believe that manufacturers are lying when they tell you how to use their products. :grr:
It would be really cool to have a distributor or (distributors) that care about the industry, are educated about the products they sell, and give sound advice to their customers. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest!

S2 is an invaluable resource in the UK. It would be amazing to have a distributor like them in the US!!

I know EXACTLY how you feel! The closest salon supplier to me that stocks CND is about 30km away, and as much as I love going in there as if it were Disneyland, I feel like I'm explaining to them how products work/are used rather than vice versa! One girl there told me "oh, it's totally fine to use any lamp for shellac, just cure the base gel for 1 minute instead of 10 seconds'' :irked:

There's another supplier a little closer to me that I go to for bits and bobs and the other day I went in looking for a cuticle curette. The lady didn't even know what a curette was, then went to ask the other staff if they knew what it was and NO ONE knew!! :grr:

Sigh...

Sounds exactly like where i live lol :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Why not contact CND and voice your concerns? Maybe they can do something about it x

Oh my gosh, do you live in Little Rock AR? This sounds exactly like my situation, but it's not just the staffing of the supply houses, but the techs here as well.
Tuesday, Holly Schippers, Fingernail Fixer, went to two local stores for Playstation demos. In an eight hour day, guess how many people showed up? ONE....ME!

The manager of the second store they went to(where I went), knew little to nothing about what the girls were doing demos on. It's beyond frustration! After 35 years in the biz, I still shake my head on a frequent basis.

Susandoeshair, I think we're on a Facebook forum together because weren't you talking about that situation with Holly earlier? I know, it's unbelievable. I'm traveling 900 miles to TN to take a class with her and to think there were probably fifty nail salons a stones throw away from her that day. It's the same here on the east coast.

Oh my gosh, do you live in Little Rock AR? This sounds exactly like my situation, but it's not just the staffing of the supply houses, but the techs here as well.
Tuesday, Holly Schippers, Fingernail Fixer, went to two local stores for Playstation demos. In an eight hour day, guess how many people showed up? ONE....ME!

The manager of the second store they went to(where I went), knew little to nothing about what the girls were doing demos on. It's beyond frustration! After 35 years in the biz, I still shake my head on a frequent basis.

It is quite amazing the apathy in our industry. We are the most DEMANDING of customers, we want everything now now now, zilch patience, but the least supportive people when it comes to getting involved with industry issues or supporting special visitors and events ... its almost insulting.... and the sad thing is, that these things will stop if not supported and THEN we will DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND or complain that suppliers never do anything for us!!

Susandoeshair, I think we're on a Facebook forum together because weren't you talking about that situation with Holly earlier? I know, it's unbelievable. I'm traveling 900 miles to TN to take a class with her and to think there were probably fifty nail salons a stones throw away from her that day. It's the same here on the east coast.

Yes, I'm on that FB page and I'll rant about techs not taking advantage of ANY education, free or paid for. It's just a crying shame.

I hear ya....I hear it often when I go into one specific store.. "You can use Gelish top and base coat with all shellac, no problem.. Use any lamp you want".

"Gelish and Shellac are exactly the same so no reason why you can't mix them".

AGH. I've jumped in quite a few times and tried to educate but there is such ignorance sometimes...

We have 2 suppliers here in the city, one says "oh yeah , you can use this with that, no problem" & the other one specifically informs you of keeping with the same line of products. Guess where i go. Haha. I luv my CND!!!!

Latest posts

Back