Why is nail extension coming off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netty83

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a UV gel kit and have been practicing. Would just like to say I have had no training at all so i'm just practicing on friends and don't know the technical terms for the application. I applied the nail extension and then put a coat on and cured under lamp, then built it up with clear builder and cured again then wiped off and top coated. I followed the instructions that came with the kit but two of the nails came off the day after. They felt really strong and secure. Could it be that i didn't cover the nail extension properly with UV gel or could it be i'm building it too thick? help would be greatly appreciated as the end result does look reasonably okay. Thank you in advance x

I have recently purchased a UV gel kit and have been practicing. Would just like to say I have had no training at all so i'm just practicing on friends and don't know the technical terms for the application. I applied the nail extension and then put a coat on and cured under lamp, then built it up with clear builder and cured again then wiped off and top coated. I followed the instructions that came with the kit but two of the nails came off the day after. They felt really strong and secure. Could it be that i didn't cover the nail extension properly with UV gel or could it be i'm building it too thick? help would be greatly appreciated as the end result does look reasonably okay. Thank you in advance x

The nails just peeled off or broke off?
Ok i remember asking these questions before, and constantly searching on how to do these treatments and being slandered for asking, but i would agree with everyone who told me to get training before asking such questions, because it does take proper training do carry out any treatments there is so much you need to know about.

And i recommend that you pay to do a UV gel enhancement course first before you even consider carrying these treatments out on your friends, there is more to the treatment than just applying the gel, and i can see where you have gone wrong, you haven't even prepped the nail.

And honestly you don't really benefit from doing the treatment unless you are trained and insured and feel like you've completed a full set of nails knowing they are going to last etc. Just thought i would explain. Best of luck thou.

Thank you for your advice. I did prep the nails by doing cuticle work and buffing and using the prep solution provided. I followed the step by step instructions which were provided. I appreciate your comments and i do plan to go on a nail course which is why I used the consumer section as opposed to the nail section as an everyday person who for example went and bought the kit from asda with full instructions.

Latest posts

Back