Why is Solar Oil different?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I use nothing else but solaroil and absolutely love it and recommend it to everyone! I bought my mum some skintruth cuticle oil a couple of years ago as that's what I was using when I was training. She asked me the other day what to do to keep her nails healthy and I said she needs to use solaroil at least twice a day. She said "oh I've got cuticle oil I don't need anymore" I tried telling her that solaroil was so much better but when she asked me why I didn't really know what to say!! How do you explain why solaroil is better than a regular oil? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Because its smells so good!!?
LOL

Seriously, Im unsure, but it does smell so lush...sweet almond, mmmmmm :biggrin:

Because its smells so good!!?
LOL

Seriously, Im unsure, but it does smell so lush...sweet almond, mmmmmm :biggrin:

I know!! Lol x

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Because it uses the best quality oils that absorb quickly.

Vitamin E Oil, anti ageing and moisturising
Jojoba Oil, absorbs rapidly into the skin, moisturising
Rice Bran Oil, anti ageing, moisturising
Almond Oil, moisturising and great scent!

Other oils can have Mineral Oil as there base which does not absorb well into the skin.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the molecules in high quality oils (which solar oil most DEF is lol) are very small, which enables them to be absorbed quicker and more thoroughly, whereas the cheaper mineral oils have larger molecules and sit on the surface (like izzidoll was saying)

Once you start talking about molecules their eyes just glaze over and they just buy it :biggrin:

I went to the 'scientist and the geek' seminar in Manchester last year, Doug Schoon and Samuel Sweet were doing talks for the day. Doug is the man who created shellac from scratch! He said that the molecules in solar oil are able to penetrate the nail plate where usually only water can do this (and not much else). Other oils simply cannot do this which is why solar oil is award winning!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

So is it to be used if a client has a gel polish on? How can it penetrate or am I missing something? It sounds fab! :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

So is it to be used if a client has a gel polish on? How can it penetrate or am I missing something? It sounds fab! :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can only answer with regards to Shellac. Shellac has tiny tunnels that run through it. Solar oil is then able to penetrate through the Shellac, aiding it's condition and also through to the nail plate X

Basically I believe if the product on the nail will soak off with acetone then it is permeable, whether it is gel, acrylic, shellac or whatever.

The oil is then able to penetrate through the product and nourish the nailbed.

So if you have to buff your product off then maybe it won't, maybe a science-minded geek will confirm. :)

And what if you have that acetone resistant top coat like gelish and pro polish have? So solar oil won't penetrate.
Won't the oil make the nail plate oily and shellac peel off?
Sorry I have zero training in cnd products please excuse my ignorance.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back