Will agitating product remover make a difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Please feel free to shout at me if this is a really stupid idea!
I've been looking into getting one of those Sonic Removers anyway today I bought one of those bubble nail spa's for manicures and I got to thinking about using acetone in it:eek:
It says the Sonic uses heat and vibration to remove polish, acrylic etc in less time. Now I know that my bubble spa won't heat the acetone but it will agetate it.
Will this make a difference to removal time?
Is this ok to actually do?
Is this just a stupid idea?:smack:

Like I said Please feel free to shout at me (only quietly though)!!

Warming your soak off solution is the answer to faster removal ... not agitating it.

If you can do both that might be cool, but make sure you wont disintegrate your machine by putting product remover in it.

Thanks Geeg,
Is there any safe way to heat the remover and then pour it into the machine?

Thanks Geeg,
Is there any safe way to heat the remover and then pour it into the machine?

Yes ... loosen the cap and then stand your bottle of remover in a jug of hot water ... then pour it into your soak off dish.

Please do not ever attempt to warm it over a flame or in a microwave oven ... God forbid!!

Thanks again Geeg, I havn't got any nails on at the moment so I can't try it out, I'm dying to know if it makes a difference to the removal time tho:)

I actually have a sonic touch removal system and I can say the sonic action DOES actually make a difference.. I have tested this theory multipul times, I have done one hand sonic, one hand in a bowl of acetone heated to and kept at the same temp as the sonic touch does.. and the sonic touch winds hands down.. Whole sets (even thick sets that come from other techs) are off in 15 mins.. I cannot get heated acetone, tinfoil wraps with wheat sacks etc to match the speed of the sonic touch.

From my personal experience, the Sonic Touch is worth every penny. It literally cut down the soaking time. And keeps the acetone warm - all the time. My clients love it.

Please can someone let me know where to get one of these amazing machines?! I've been looking on the internet but can only find sellers from the US.

Thanks

L-J

Unless u can find one second hand hun, you will have to buy new from the USA

From my personal experience, the Sonic Touch is worth every penny. It literally cut down the soaking time. And keeps the acetone warm - all the time. My clients love it.

me too!! ........love,love,love mine.! was one of the best purchases I've ever made

you could check on geek bay.....or have a look at their website.....I know they sell them in Europe....

If I'm get one of these from the US, does anyone know if they will work with a UK adaptor etc? Cos obviously the voltage is different.

Thanks
L-J xx

If I'm get one of these from the US, does anyone know if they will work with a UK adaptor etc? Cos obviously the voltage is different.

Thanks
L-J xx

You will need a step down or step up transformer adapter.... it depends what your voltages are... I had to buy a step down transformer adapter that I plug the american plug into and it has the NZ plug on that... so you will need to look into that as well.

Step-Down Transformer 240V-115V (M1155) - Dick Smith Electronics - New Zealand

check the link above that gives u an idea of what I mean

do ask thou, some products come with dual voltage on a switch on the actual product.. I know my E-file is like this.. I have a little switch I have flicked to 240v (from 110)

Warming your soak off solution is the answer to faster removal ... not agitating it.

If you can do both that might be cool, but make sure you wont disintegrate your machine by putting product remover in it.
:cry: Tried doing this today and the acetone started to melt my machine :cry: didn't ruin it but I think i'll have to invest in the proper machine!!

I have on as well it make a difference.

Latest posts

Back