Will I be allergic to lash extension glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautykween12

Reaction score
I am allergic to PPD, which means whenever I dye my hair a dark/black colour or tint my brows, the skin around the area (i.e. my eyelids, forehead, nose) swell- it's not really bad but it is noticeable for a few days. The dyed area is also really itchy. This has happened twice now- and when I patch tested the tint behind my ear I didn't react but I did when it was actually used on me. Now I've had lash extensions at least 5-6 times before, but this was a year ago before I dyed my hair and reacted to the dyes. I was told you can develop an allergy at any time- which is why I never reacted to hair dye before (but I'd also never dyed my hair black before lol). So I've noticed lash adhesive obviously doesn't contain PPD but it has carbon black in it- is that the same thing?? I have patch tested but haven't reacted- although this doesn't mean much to me as I didn't react to my tint patch test either and still was affected by it! Please help x

I am allergic to PPD, which means whenever I dye my hair a dark/black colour or tint my brows, the skin around the area (i.e. my eyelids, forehead, nose) swell- it's not really bad but it is noticeable for a few days. The dyed area is also really itchy. This has happened twice now- and when I patch tested the tint behind my ear I didn't react but I did when it was actually used on me. Now I've had lash extensions at least 5-6 times before, but this was a year ago before I dyed my hair and reacted to the dyes. I was told you can develop an allergy at any time- which is why I never reacted to hair dye before (but I'd also never dyed my hair black before lol). So I've noticed lash adhesive obviously doesn't contain PPD but it has carbon black in it- is that the same thing?? I have patch tested but haven't reacted- although this doesn't mean much to me as I didn't react to my tint patch test either and still was affected by it! Please help x
You can try to use a clear glue and see if that works , I gave a lady who is allergic to ppd anc I use clear on her and she’s fine , I just wouldn’t risk the black glue.

Latest posts

Back