Will it get better?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey

Reaction score
hi guys just looking for some advice!
im doing my level 3 nail services at college we are training with creative!
i have done acrylics for a while and thought they were getting better but i did a set the other day and felt like crying they were awful and way too thick! will i ever get any better because i cant seem to see any improvement but i really love doing nails!
thanks

aww I'm feeling your frustrations but it really is down to practise practise practise. I am doing the foundation with creative and each set I'm doing now is a touch better than the previous set I did. I have the nail trainer out permanently and when I can grab a go with it, I do. Try and think positive - read up on your workbook and even take a look at cnd.com - they have some great videos on there to help with smile lines etc. Keep it up and you'll get there :hug:

hi guys just looking for some advice!
im doing my level 3 nail services at college we are training with creative!
i have done acrylics for a while and thought they were getting better but i did a set the other day and felt like crying they were awful and way too thick! will i ever get any better because i cant seem to see any improvement but i really love doing nails!
thanks

You will get better, trust me. And the fact you love doing nails is the icing on the cake! Just keep plugging along...it IS worth it!

If you haven't seen them yet, CND has great videos on their website. I have really learned alot from them.

Best of luck to you! :hug:

Hi, I am just starting out too and last week I did a set on a new client. She had what I call "Asian nails" on. It took 1.5 hrs to soak and file them off, I then tried to sculpt but had to tip 4 of her nails. All in all it took 4 hours! I was mentally and physically drained at the end of it all. Her nails looks pretty good (only my 3rd set on a person) but I was very low for a few days afterwards. She came back in tonigh because she caught one in a door and the tip came off. Looking at them tonight I was really pleased with my work.

The only advice I can give is keep going at it. Practice does make perfect (so I'm told LOL!)

The only other thing I can suggest is book a 1:1 with a Creative teacher (sorry don't know their technical name). They give you lots of advice and of course confidence, it's worth a thought.

Keep going and good luck!:hug:

well it is at my local college i am doing the training but ive been told i cant buy creative products without actually training with them how do i go about this and do i have to do this when ive finished my course, it is a full time course which takes a year the course finishes in june!
ps. thankyou for your advice

Latest posts

Back