Wimbledon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Right, who likes tennis on here and who is going to be hoping Andy Murray is going to be able to retain his title?

Personally, much as I'd love it to happen, I don't think he's been playing his best this year since his surgery <understandably> and Nadal's definitely back on top of his game. A dangerous opponent, if ever there was one!

We can but live in hope ...............

Me &#128512; kids, work, house and the OH all get neglected for the next 2 weeks lol

I would love to see Andy win again but he doesn't seem to have regained his previous form yet since his surgery. Still I'll keep hoping &#128522;

Me &#55357;&#56832; kids, work, house and the OH all get neglected for the next 2 weeks lol

I would love to see Andy win again but he doesn't seem to have regained his previous form yet since his surgery. Still I'll keep hoping &#55357;&#56842;

I sooooo agree, but we can live in hope. He's currently making mincemeat of the poor little Belgian in the first round, but these David and Goliath matches are rarely cliff hangers. Fun when they are, though!

Last edited:
Im watching at the mo, it's just nice to see him win :)

I've already pre-warned all my regulars that I may have the iPad on in the treatment room for the duration if Wimbledon, thankfully they all seem to be tennis fans too lol

Don't blame you, I would take holiday if it conflicted with the finals!

I missed the final last year!!! First one in nearly 30 years!! I was at an Olly Murs concert with my daughter but they kept giving out regular updates and when they announce Andy had won the crowd went wild :)

I recorded it though and watched it the next day lol

I missed the final last year!!! First one in nearly 30 years!! I was at an Olly Murs concert with my daughter but they kept giving out regular updates and when they announce Andy had won the crowd went wild :)

Not the same, though, is it, when you know the outcome? Feel kinda cheated!!

I know...I still cried when I watched it though lol

Olly Murs though. Mmm tough choice but he is yummy!
I'll be watching Wimbers again. Love summer :)

From being a child I've watched Wimbledon, although have never been able to see as much as I would like to. Great tradition.

Loved Laver, Newcombe etc in the 60s! I remember Virginia Wade winning the title in '77....we had a little telly in the staffroom of the High School where I taught, and were glued to it whenever we got chance. It was a hot day, I was pregnant and bizarrely I can even remember the dress I was wearing...:)

Totally admire Murray. So dedicated -I have to say, although I love football, so much more so than several England players....

I just looove the tennis, all year round but after the French Open, Wimbledon is my favourite. Might get slated, but I can't stand Murray (sorry peeps), Nadal is the one I can't get enough off. He's such a magnificent athlete and player, not big headed and always polite, and he's very easy on the eye!!!! Oh yes, I'll be watching for the next 2 weeks!!!

I can stand Murray because he's our's and we finally have a 2 x Grand Slam winner within our living memory!

Well, he's safely through to the second round, even though that cheeky little Belgian attempted a comeback in the third set today!

Anyone else get totally sick of the grunting? I can't bare it! It made Wimbledon unwatchable at times. :(

Can't remember the details, but I seem to recall that one or two players have actually been asked to tone it down a bit, as it was proving offputting to the opponent! Mostly I forget about it but every once in a while someone seems a bit OTT with it.

I LOVE Wimbledon! Federer is my favourite, I really want him to win this year! Also love Nadal and Dimitrov! I'd like Murray to win again but I don't think it's his year..

I think if Murray gets to the semi finals, it'll be as much as we can realistically hope for this year. I really hope I'm wrong, but I have this sinking feeling that he's already peaked and the last few years of his competitive playing are going to be his swan song. :irked:

Hey, but the boy done good! :D

Anyone else get totally sick of the grunting? I can't bare it! It made Wimbledon unwatchable at times. :(

Oh this drives me mad! Must be unbearable for their opponents. I cant watch Sharapova play because of her grunting and also the way she walks to the back of the court between each point, annoying lol In fact I think she was one of those who was warned about the grunting.

Cant wait to see Nadal play, even when he pulls his knickers out his bum all the time :D

Well, Andy's safely through to the third round now. :D Had a David and Goliath match against Rola today.

Latest posts

Back