Wisdom teeth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel79

Kellyf
Reaction score
I had my 2 bottom wisdom teeth out on Saturday under a general anaesthetic and can honestly say I've never known anything so painful! I can hardly open my mouth and my teeth along the bottom and sides are so painful and ache! Has anyone else had this problem? I thought after 4 days it would be easing off a bit 😪

I had one wisdom tooth out 2 years ago and I was fine after 1-2 days. That was after GA. I was eating a few hours after.

I would go back and see your dentist and get them to check.

Hope you feel better soon x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had my 2 bottom wisdom teeth out on Saturday under a general anaesthetic and can honestly say I've never known anything so painful! I can hardly open my mouth and my teeth along the bottom and sides are so painful and ache! Has anyone else had this problem? I thought after 4 days it would be easing off a bit 😪

Yep! Had my bottom wisdom tooth out Friday 13 Feb, was knocked out as it had to be cut out due to breaking below the gum.

Had 6 stitches and lived on soup for over a week, and ibuprofen for 2 weeks you will be painful because a nerve runs from the back tooth each side and meets at the bottom front teeth.
If that nerve got brused (which in wisdom tooth extraction it will) it will effect the rest of the row of teeth.

Sorry to say but it took me 2 weeks for the healing and pain to fully stop x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was going to ring the dentist as was worried my teeth had been damaged during the surgery I was unaware of the nerve that went all the way across ! I'm feeling a bit more reassured now thank you! I'm so hungry what I wouldn't do to eat a decent dinner!

Also how did you go about brushing your teeth? I do them the best I can but not too much also rinsing with salt water 3 times a day 😧

That's all you can do...the best you can.

Keep doing the salt water and I feel your pain on a proper dinner lol I now can't even look at soup, I even tried mash and beans but couldn't open my mouth far enough to get a fork in it

Hang on in there you'll soon be chomping on solids again :D

Bum, it looks like I might need one of mine taking out because it's at a different height to the others and I've started to get infections inbetween it and it's neighbour.

My dentist said it should be an easy extraction, but he's lying isn't he? :(

Bum, it looks like I might need one of mine taking out because it's at a different height to the others and I've started to get infections inbetween it and it's neighbour.

My dentist said it should be an easy extraction, but he's lying isn't he? :(

If he can pull it, it should be an easy extraction, depending how long the root is,

Please don't be put off by mine, my tooth was growing on its side and the whole top broke off. The roots were like the London interchange so was a messy effort to remove.

You'll be fine AcidPerm :)

I'm not trying to scare you AcidPerm but I would never have my top ones out as I had such an awful experience at the hospital but I'm all ok now although my stitches are still in 😳😳

Top wisdom teeth are far easier to remove because most people have tiny or next to no roots on them. An x-Ray will reveal if this is the case. My dentist swears they are a walk in the park compared to other teeth for extractions.

Bottom ones can be more difficult because the root goes deeper. And in some cases attaches to the jawbone.

I had my bottom ones out when pregnant and I screamed the dentists office down. I went back for top ones but when they numbed me up I got up and walked out, I haven't been back since! Even though they are the easiest ones to remove. I'm just too scared n usually take Tramadol before going to a routine check up. My doctor prescribes me 2 for this purpose. Apart from when I was pregnant obviously x

Latest posts

Back