wobbly clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
I have 2 clients at the moment whom I'm worried may fall over getting on and off the couch ( one has a muscular problem and the other is 80 and abit wobbly). I usually go out of the room for clients to dress and undress, but with them I've asked them if they would mind if I stay in and assist them on and off. They are both happy for me to do this, but I've wondered what I'd do if they weren't. I've even wondered about doing a risk assessment on clients, so that in the event of someone falling over I could atleast show that I had thought about it.
What does anyone else do?

I have 2 clients at the moment whom I'm worried may fall over getting on and off the couch ( one has a muscular problem and the other is 80 and abit wobbly). I usually go out of the room for clients to dress and undress, but with them I've asked them if they would mind if I stay in and assist them on and off. They are both happy for me to do this, but I've wondered what I'd do if they weren't. I've even wondered about doing a risk assessment on clients, so that in the event of someone falling over I could atleast show that I had thought about it.
What does anyone else do?
I think you are doing exactly as you should,behaving in a professional,thoughtful manner.Hopefully the day will never come when someone refuses.If they do I would gently say that the couch is very high and you wouldn't want any accidents.Make light of the matter but be firm at the same time.

It's the same as when you get your client to turn over when carrying out a full body massage,we stay in the room but avert our eyes,whilst holding towel.

Have you got a stool to help client get up on the couch?A risk assessment would be good.

I was also going to suggest a stool, as you can buy them especially for getting on and off couches.

Either way, if you are in any way concerned about it, i would always recommend a risk assessment. That way you're mind is at ease, which will make the clients feel happier too. If you're nervous, you'll worry about it all the time (i know i would!).

Thanks for your reply's and yes I have got a stool.
Its just good to get other peoples ideas too sometimes.:)

Latest posts

Back