Wording for Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding Hairways, I will investigate, as they aren't authorised by us to sell to just anyone.

And the people who are purchasing without the correct qualifications in Sally's, if I can have names and stores then I can address that also!

Georgie x

Regarding Hairways, I will investigate, as they aren't authorised by us to sell to just anyone.

And the people who are purchasing without the correct qualifications in Sally's, if I can have names and stores then I can address that also!

Georgie x
Thank you. I am exhibit number one if you need an example. I went with Gelish but I know plenty of therapists and techs in Colchester/Braintree etc have not because they feel anyone can get their hands on it.

Thank you. I am exhibit number one if you need an example. I went with Gelish but I know plenty of therapists and techs in Colchester/Braintree etc have not because they feel anyone can get their hands on it.

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding you, do you mean you purchased without a trade card, or that you purchased without being certified in manicure?

x

I have a card but no one ever asked me if I was qualified, which I am. Quite a lot of my customers shop there too.

I buy Gelish. If it's any help I have done the training in addition to Nail Tech level 2 and Sally's did ask for a referral letter from the college as I don't yet have my certificate.

When I started out I did a very short, half day manicure course and that certificate was good enough to get me registered with Sallys, Harmony and S2. I paid £50 for that certificate.

I am not advocating that it is right by any means and I swiftly went on to do 10+ courses with Harmony and S2 (pretty much done every S2 course now) over 12 momths or so. All these courses have been top quality as you would expect from S2 and Harmony...but that first £50 was poor.

I am now VERY qualified but it's only because I want to be up there with the best. I bet there are lots and lots of "techs" who would just do a quick mani course to get registered with S2 and Harmony, then do the very quick and inexpesive Shellac and Gelish training and NOT go on and do extensive training like most of us do. But still they go out and perform and charge for gel/shellac manicures. Because they can - nothing is stopping them.

Just to add for any newbies out there....if I had my time again I would do the S2 Complete Course. It seems expensive in one hit but I have ended up spending at least the eqivalent on training now anyway so I may as well have done in the first place!

Back to topic...for £50 manicure certificate and 2-3 hours of time...anyone can get an account with the industry leaders. For a similarly small amount of time and money again anyone can buy Shellac and Gelish. Sallys selling direct is terrible! But even going the legitimate route is pretty quick, cheap and easy as well. Hence why we need more regulations. I agree with Geeg that it is not down to the distributors to sort that out....although they could have a big say and influence I imagine?

Last edited:
There are loads of CND Shellac and Gelish sellers on Amazon, are these fake products or buyers that have been authorised and then selling on? I think a lot of the problem is that if you do a google search to buy these products they are so freely available that your average Jo doesn't even realise that they are supposed to be for professional use only :rolleyes:

There are loads of CND Shellac and Gelish sellers on Amazon, are these fake products or buyers that have been authorised and then selling on? I think a lot of the problem is that if you do a google search to buy these products they are so freely available that your average Jo doesn't even realise that they are supposed to be for professional use only :rolleyes:

And only when the supply chain to these sellers is broken things will improve!

Last edited:
Hi.

I'm a newbie in training and happened to pass a 'Sally's' recently. Went in to have a nose around and chatted to the staff who said I would not be able to purchase anything until I was qualified and that they would need to see my certificate, so it's definitely not all branches which are not sticking to the policy.
I completely respect that I should only be able to purchase once qualified. I'm guessing some branches are keen to post fabulous sales figures, hence breaking the rules?? Maybe the companies should have some 'mystery shoppers' to catch them out!

Kat x

I have to say I was impressed by Capital in Ipswich for this same reason and have considered driving all the way up there to buy from them even though the other one is around the corner from where I live.

Last edited:
If someone comes to S2 with a manicure certificate in hand, we have to assume they took a manicure course. They cannot buy without it. Blame the schools for teaching bad courses ... As for S2 they won't let anyone do a Shellac course unless the person has already got a manicure certificate so naturally on certain Shellac courses S2 do not teach manicuring as it is taken for granted you know how to do it for goodness sakes.

The CND manicuring course is fantastic and one of, if not the best and most comple thatte agvailable. If people take the CND manicuring course, they damned well know what they are doing and how and why. But many decide not to pay for a quality course and go elsewhere for the manicuring and come back for Shellac when they have done it. Can't police every course to see if it meets CND standards because they won't. The industry is what it is and it's not perfect by any means.

I agree they cannot police the qualifications. Simply pointing out that your elitist professionals do include some of the least professional qualifications- the qualification almost means nothing in these cases as she wouldn't know a contra indication if it jumped up and bit her on the!!!

Amazon, eBay and any other websites selling into the UK apart from Nail Harmony UK are NOT authorised to do so.
It is one of many battles that Harmony plus S2 and other great brands are fighting on your behalf as well as ours.

I have to say I was impressed by Capital in Ipswich for this same reason and have considered driving all the way up there to buy from them even though the other one is around the corner from where I live.

Capital don't supply Gelish?

i have a sallys card and showed my qualifications beauty level 3 luckily im qualified in manicure and am able to buy gelish when showing my card but i do know that they never check when im buying hair products for a hair qualification or have ever asked since to see a manicure qualification to check i did cover it in my course . I know my little sister did a little manicure course thing in secondary school and is able to buy anything from sallys waxing products acrylic anything she likes she just flashes her card so i dont believe the cards work too well imo

Hi.

I'm a newbie in training and happened to pass a 'Sally's' recently. Went in to have a nose around and chatted to the staff who said I would not be able to purchase anything until I was qualified and that they would need to see my certificate, so it's definitely not all branches which are not sticking to the policy.
I completely respect that I should only be able to purchase once qualified. I'm guessing some branches are keen to post fabulous sales figures, hence breaking the rules?? Maybe the companies should have some 'mystery shoppers' to catch them out!

Kat x

I know which mystery shopping company they use (ive done assignments for them for 7 years) and I have asked several times to be picked for the local Sally's store but someone else always beats me to it. :rolleyes:

Georgie x

Sallys in lincoln sell to the general public rather than just professionals only. The reason why I use the other wholesaler here that will only supply to cardholders and you can't get a card without qualifications.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Capital don't supply Gelish?[/QLol I know, UOTE]lol I know, I mean to buy all my other sundries for my various treatments. I buy my Gelish from Harmony Essex now on principle.

I know which mystery shopping company they use (ive done assignments for them for 7 years) and I have asked several times to be picked for the local Sally's store but someone else always beats me to it. :rolleyes:

Ooh I'd like to be a mystery customer!! :)

Maybe if Sally's didn't just hand out a generic card to everyone and had Colour coded cards for Beauty, Nails, Hair etc, it would stop the hair people being able to buy all the beauty products and vice versa.

I showed by CIBTAC Beauty Diploma when I joined Sally's in Warwick, and I am able to purchase any of the hair products whenever I go there. As it happens, I am qualified in hair also, but i never showed them that certificate so they don't know that! x

Latest posts

Back