Wording re: prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lash & Brow Company

Reaction score
Hello,

Would like some help regarding wording for website. I would like to put a statement stating my prices ate fixed ie no bartering!!!

This week has been horrendous for people calling and asking for discounts!! The last one I just had... I basically asked her if she would do it on Tescos??? Im sick of people ringing me... Go to bloody Groupon or a back street lash artist!!!

Hello,

Would like some help regarding wording for website. I would like to put a statement stating my prices ate fixed ie no bartering!!!

This week has been horrendous for people calling and asking for discounts!! The last one I just had... I basically asked her if she would do it on Tescos??? Im sick of people ringing me... Go to bloody Groupon or a back street lash artist!!!

I'd say not to put a statement of prices are fixed as much as advertise them as ONLY £x.
I think a lot of the bartering is that stupid man on tv with the big head telling people everywhere is desperate for their custom and will allow discounts. Xoxo

Have you got a link to your website so i can see how it currently is? thats just damn right cheeky of clients to do that, plus your better of with clients who will pay full price and the ones that look for discounts tend to be more hassle in long run!

I also would not put this, go with Tomme's idea if anything and use "only £xx"

Don't rise to the bait, people are always likely to try it.

If you put no haggling or something it may sound aggressive and offputting.

Just be assertive if someone does question your pricing.

Why can't you just reply back with something like aww no i'm sorry there's no discounts on blah blah at the moment but i do offer a fab loyalty scheme that entitles you to blah blah or a fab recommend a friend scheme and then follow it up with would you like me to add you to the mailing list/you could also 'like' us on fb to be the first to know all our latest offers? have you seen our website yet? We often update it with amazing new offers for you to take advantage of! The clients happy they are going to be getting a bargain, you have an additional set of contact details to advertise to and you've been deliciously delightful, polite and enthusiastic on the phone so you've left a wonderful lasting impression. if you have a day in your diary that doesn't often get booked up what's the harm in saying i can do such and such at such and such a price or i can include such and such for free but it has to be on this day at this time only? Surely for businesses that aren't busy less money is better than none?

I don't think somebody asking for a discount is the end of the world to be honest. We all do it! We ask suppliers if they'll do a bulk discount, we ask suppliers if we spend over a certain amount can they throw in any freebies/advertising bits and bobs, we ask if they can 'do us a better deal' than such and such a place, we ask if they offer special deals for training and buying a kit on the same day etc etc so why shouldn't clients ask too?x

I have seen this before:

"Prices are as stated. Please do not ask for a discount as refusal may offend."

I have seen this before:

"Prices are as stated. Please do not ask for a discount as refusal may offend."

Agreed

Refusal may cause embarrassment

Just put at the bottom that prices are non-negotiable, if anyone asks for discount just say 'Sorry, that service isn't on offer at the minute but here are the offers we do have/here is our loyalty card....' if you do have any that is :) x

Thank you all so much for your responses!

I do have a loyalty card... This came up before dohhhh I get so offended I should remember re loyalty card, and sorry no offers but with my loyalty card etc....

Latest posts

Back