Work from home geeks please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks ;)
Between now and the end of March I am going to set up a mobile/at home business offering Shellac manicure and pedicures...., and other beauty and massage treatments that I am qualified in., but concentrating on the Shellac services mainly.
My question is to those of you that work from home., what are the benefits to your clients of working from home ????
The reason I ask, is when I put out my leaflets and start advertising., I want to put a few lines in about the benefits to my potential customers ?

Plus., is there anything that maybe you didn't think about but in hindsight should have done., that may help me set up to ?

All advice really appreciated, thankyou :lol:

Hi honey,

The benefits for me and my clients are longer opening hours and more flexibility- I'm open from 9-7pm Monday to Saturday and Sunday 10-4pm. Clients have also commented on the fact that my little home studio is quiet and peaceful- which is what the blurb is on my website, in as much as it's like their own private salon. I've had a few clients say they love that no one else is around them when they are receiving treatments.

HTHxxx

Ps someone made a really good point on her the other month, lie on you beauty couch and see the room from your clients points of view, also do this with your nail table. Avoid clients facing walls or if you have no choice like myself I make sure that the wall they are facing has all my different products on them for clients to see and ask about. This would be a good place to put any retail items as well.

Agree with happyfeet. Think you just about said it all ... I would also say there is no waiting when they arrive and it's a personal warm friendly service in a home environment, (which would appeal to the older client more).

Hope it helps .

I agree with all that's been said, my clients love the fact that they don't have to wait in a waiting room/area, they feel like you are only interested in them because they only see you, I try not to have them passing each other on the path. Its a very personal service because you are doing everything, no passing them onto someone else to pay & re-book. They have also said its great that they don't have to think about parking, they just park in the drive & its free (people love free).

Hope this helps & good luck with you business. S x

Also if you have good parking put a spin on that as most salons in centres would mean extra money on car parking ! X

This is a great idea to put into leaflets, it makes people see the benefits rather than seeing it as being possibly awkward! Thank you for asking this as there has been some great tips I never would have thought of!

I advertise my home salon as "boutique, private, discreet and exclusive"
I have a few high profile people come to me and they tell me they like it because the paps just think they're nipping round to someone's house for coffee!
That said, we did have them camped out in the pub car park opposite when I had a WAG come to me. I suggested that she might want to use a less ostentatious car than her bright red Ferrari, as we don't have many of those in Kingsclere!

Latest posts

Back