Work related Christmas gifts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my clients was telling me about one christmas she gave her mother in law a really nice gift set from M&S, she said it wasn't cheap at all and she personally thought it was really nice, a few months later her mother in law came round with a black bag full of gift sets and products, she said 'i always get given this kind of rubbish for christmas and birthdays, i really hate cheap gift sets so if you want any feel free to take them otherwise they'll just go to the charity shop', when she opened it she said her present was in there! hahahaha

Omg how embarrassing! That happened to me with my nan last year. She keeps saying she doesn't want anything but hand creams she would always use and is running out so needs one. So I got her one which she picked as she only has that brand. Anyway 2 months later shes trying to offload it to me because she "doesn't like stuff like this". So this year I got her nothing but a sainburys voucher (where she shops every week). So rude! Lol.

Is that cause your bald?:)

Nooo! But I wouldn't even pass on a 2 in one. She must have got it seeing it saying professional spa set on the box. It's things like that which confuse people, just like boots or Tesco with "professional shampoo" sections... Erm no, its in a shop, its not professional, a bit like tresemee, you wouldn't find a good stylist ever recommend it.

I agree with a poster saying its thoughtful as they have seen it as "oh this person does nails/ hair/ beauty, I'm sure they would like polish/ shampoo/ body creams" rather than "they can get their own so I won't get them anything"
I personally tell people who ask what I want to get me what they think I will like... Iv never been unhappy with a present as they have thought about me and what I would like, even if it is something I won't use. Maybe some see it different and are what I would call ungrateful, others see it as why waste money, I see presents I won't use as a loving gesture of thought xoxo

I don't usually mind bath products etc.. But this year my nan bought me a really cheap lipgloss set, which my mum actually spotted in Wilkinsons for £2. Not really sure what to do with it! Xxx

I love going to other salons, I sit there and take ideas of what I like and don't like. Then all my team sit together and share ideas and see if we'd implement it in our salon x

I love going to other salons, I sit there and take ideas of what I like and don't like. Then all my team sit together and share ideas and see if we'd implement it in our salon x

What don't you like about my place ;) hehe x

What has this post got to do with the Christmas present thread I thought I was reading?

I think missreid meant she wouldn't mind getting a voucher for a treatment in another salon as she likes going to other salons ????

I think missreid meant she wouldn't mind getting a voucher for a treatment in another salon as she likes going to other salons ????

Aha! Thank you for clearing that up. I'm a bit slow sometimes. Lol.

Sorry yes, that what I meant! Didn't explain myself!x

Latest posts

Back