Working alone, what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolliDolli

Reaction score
When massaging / waxing / anything that involves going into a private treatment room.

I've had a little search and there might be a really obvious answer but I can't find it.

Do you Lock your salon door so no one can come in from outside.
But what's if it's someone wanting a pricelist / information. You don't want to appear closed?
I know this isn't an issue with a receptionist but what do you do when you're working alone?

Laura xx

I often get left alone in the salon as thd hairdresser doesn't work half the hours I do. I have to lock the doot and normally have a sign to put up which explains that I am in treatment and gives a contact number.

When I eventually have my own place I will no doubt have to work alone for a while and will have a professional sign made up and have a leaflet holder outside of the salon.

HTH
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I often get left alone in the salon as thd hairdresser doesn't work half the hours I do. I have to lock the doot and normally have a sign to put up which explains that I am in treatment and gives a contact number.

When I eventually have my own place I will no doubt have to work alone for a while and will have a professional sign made up and have a leaflet holder outside of the salon.

HTH

Oh they're really good ideas! I knew it would be quite obvious I just couldn't get my head around it.
Leaving a notice and the phone number and saying something like you can leave a message and I will get back to you?
I'm working towards my own salon but I want to know EVERYTHING before I do it.

Thanks Zooks!

Laura xx

I have a door bell outside so when i'm in treatment room I have a sign that says working with client , please press door bell , it has worked great for me and I don't loose any customers x

I have a door bell outside so when i'm in treatment room I have a sign that says working with client , please press door bell , it has worked great for me and I don't loose any customers x

So do you then leave the client your working on to tend to the person outside?
I'm just thinking I wouldn't want to keep
Popping out that much. Also if it's a facial or massage you can't leave the client?

Laura xx

I would be really annoyed if I was having a treatment and the therapist kept popping out to answer the door. I'm sorry, but I would not be returning. I would expect the therapist to be 100% focused on me.

I'm afraid I wouldn't get a doorbell. The reason I lock my salon door is because I want to focus on my client without interruption.

It's not ideal that you miss people but I have an answer phone and I get back to them asap .

I had a sign from ebay that had a sticky thing for glass saying,
"Treatment in progress please call back at"

Then there was a clock with hands I could move so the walkin knew to browse other shops for a few minutes, I never had any problems.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382377261.093724.jpg
I've got a shared reception room where I leave price lists and put this sign on the door :)

I used to have a timetable outside my door with spaces for appointments I had available. Anyone could come to the door, look through my brochures and just book themselves in with their name, phone number and length of treatment required (according to brochure). Not everyone wants the next person to see what they're booked in for so they could put "anon" and just the time required if they wished. Worked quite well. The trouble i found was clients turning up early and needing somewhere to wait while i finished my last client.

I lock my door and put a note in the window saying during treatment this door is locked please call ... And leave a message. I also have jut put up a leaflet holder outside. I also think this is a good idea as I think more people will be inclined to take a pricelist if its outside and they don't have to come in and ask. Although I'm only putting afew in at a time as competition walk past and I can see them taking them all out and putting them in the bin. Yes they are that petty, anything I put on Facebook they write something relating to it from anything to new treatment and offers, pictures status anything. I never retaliate as I'm not lowering myself to her patheticness.

Sometimes there are three of us and other times only one. We are quite off the beaten track, so don't get a lot of passing trade, but also a good reason to keep the door locked. We lock the door if we are in quiet treatments, and try and unlock just before the end - so when we wash hands or get the client a drink etc. so the next client can come in.

We try to let people know - if the door is unlocked, please come in, but if it's locked, please call or come back. The car park is just outside so they can wait in the car. I don't have leaflets outside, but will go in today and see if there is anywhere I can put it!

Sometimes there are three of us and other times only one. We are quite off the beaten track, so don't get a lot of passing trade, but also a good reason to keep the door locked. We lock the door if we are in quiet treatments, and try and unlock just before the end - so when we wash hands or get the client a drink etc. so the next client can come in.

We try to let people know - if the door is unlocked, please come in, but if it's locked, please call or come back. The car park is just outside so they can wait in the car. I don't have leaflets outside, but will go in today and see if there is anywhere I can put it!

that sounds like what I do too

its challenging at times and can be frustrating but you learn to just roll with it

Thanks guys! Only just seen these replies sorry I'm late replying!

Really good ideas I like the leaflet holder one. I literally could not get my was around it and now it seems really obvious.
But that's why I turn to all of you :D

Another thing ticked off my list thank you lovelies :)

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back