Working for Steiner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skankinchar

Reaction score
hi guys, am new to this so bear with me if i've put this in the wrong place! i'm a hairdresser and considering working for steiner on the cruise ships, was just wondering if anyone could give me an insight as to what it's really like working for them as a hairdresser? i've looked on their website but couldn't find enough information!!

Hi, I worked for Steiner for 9 months as a therapist! It's hard work, we used to work 14 hours a day, 6 days a week..but the experience is great! They were the best 9 months of my life, aslong as you are willing to work hard and be put under pressure! you have a lot of pressure on you to retail to the clients aswell!
If ur still thinking of doing it..go for it! but just prepare urself for the hardwork! But all in all its a great experience! x

I'd agree with lauren. I did 2 9 month contracts and had the time of my life, as long as your not a home bird and are willing to work hard i'd say go for an interview. I became assistant manager onboard a carnival cruise ship and managed a team of 14, ( I was only 20) so this was a slight challange but as you can imagine the experience was fantastic and when I came home, I could have walked into any job I wanted as employers realise that if you've worked for steiner you have to be great at what you do.
You may have changed your mind since posting but if you want any more info get in touch xxx

im really considering this also. Im hard working and used to long hours. Im chatty and great with people. My problem is interviews.. can anyone tell me if the interview with stiener is harsh :cry: and if so can you give any pointers. many thanks

im really considering this also. Im hard working and used to long hours. Im chatty and great with people. My problem is interviews.. can anyone tell me if the interview with stiener is harsh :cry: and if so can you give any pointers. many thanks

I don't know if the interview is harsh or not, but I do know about interviews, I've held enough of them:lol:
It's important to know your subject, that might sound daft, but never assume the person doing the interview knows your industry or has bothered to read your c.v. properly:rolleyes:
Look at the person who is asking you a question, there is nothing worse then talking to the top of someones head or seeing their eyes darting about all over the place. Look them in the eye and then let your focus settle on the nose. Flick your eyes back to their eyes when you have a point to make and then that slightly soft focus on the nose again.
Don't fidget. Don't rush your words, there is nothing wrong with taking a couple of seconds to think about a reply to a question.
At the end thank them for their time, smile and shake hands.

All of that asside. Quiet often you will have instructions for your interview.
You might be asked to give a five minute talk on some aspect of your industry, or what you want to get from this experience. It doesn't really matter what it is, it's just important that you have read the letter properly and do what is asked.
Lastly, arrive ten minutes early.
If you are really nervous then go along to your job center and ask them to help you with interview technics, they have a team at every job center that will help with all aspects of employment, how to write your c.v., put together a covering letter, what to wear and they will do mock interviews with you.

Good luck with it hun xx

I have also worked on ships and my only advise would be to go for it with out a second thought, it is hard and through out the training I was about to give up but my
Mum drove me through it as it was something I'd dreamed of doing, when you are on the ship you will go through some ups and downs, but it will be the most best life experience you will ever go through, I met some amazing people on board one of which was
My room mate she is American and still 8 years on we speak all the time and meet for a vacation once a year, she even came to my wedding last year! You will not only have the time of your life but really get to know you!
I am now married in england ( where im from) but there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about my time
On ships, I miss it so much and it will be in my heart forever!!!

Sorry if I've gone on I just wanted you to feel some passion of what I felt

Gem xx

Latest posts

Back