working from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connie

Reaction score
Hi all,
this is the first time i have ever posted a question, but i had a read through and decided to join up. Everyone is amazingly friendly and helpful and it makes for good reading. I wondered if anyone has any info on working from home in one of those log cabins? I currently rent a room but its not an ideal situation and would like to buy a cabin specifically for tanning, nails and beauty. Anyone have any ideas about planning permission, how easy / difficult it is to do? Or has anyone actually got one of these buildings or is in a similar situation?
I have a lot of outside space and live in a nice quiet area.

hi and welcome to the site. I am mobile and I work from home.
I have the front section of my home for the salon and I had to write to the council for permission, they will ask you questions about the size of the room you want to use for a salon, they want to know how many people work at the address, how many people coming and going from the salon, storage, off road parking area, hours you will be working etc. i was given permission to work from home they are good in this area but I have heard on here other geeks having problems with their local council. I have been thinking about getting a large log cabin as my hair dresser who lives up the road from me uses one. she got planning permission and had to be a certain distance from the house and not blocking neighbours natural light. your best bet is to contact the council. I know she never origionally got permission to have the log cabin there but someone informed the council she was working from the cabin and they eventually let her keep it there.
good luck

Hi Sharon H

Thanks for the info, I will get in touch with the council and find out all that I need to do before I get my hopes up!!

Latest posts

Back