Working in a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adelina65

Reaction score
Hi, just joined...
I'm in need of some advice.
I work from home as a therapist. Got an offer to work for a salon as a self employed. The owner wants 60% of my earnings. She'll provide everything (if it's a quality I'm used to or not I don't know (hey seem to by cheap materials for what I observed) at their prices if do 4massages at one hour each I only get £70. Is she asking to much or is it normal?

If you are happy working from home and building a client base steadily then I would stick with being home based as you will earn more in the long run.
There are lots of plus points such as keeping full control of your hours, holiday, advertising and product choice.

If you pay rent at a salon you will be forking out for the facilities you already have at home.

If you are happy working from home and building a client base steadily then I would stick with being home based as you will earn more in the long run.
There are lots of plus points such as keeping full control of your hours, holiday, advertising and product choice.

If you pay rent at a salon you will be forking out for the facilities you already have at home.

Latest posts

Back