Working in Dubai?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahB245

Reaction score
Hey geeks! I'm just putting a little research into job opportunities in Dubai and wondering if any of you have ever or still do work over there? There seems to be a lot of jobs out there working in the hotel spas which offer great benefit packages including accommodation, transport, medical insurance and flights but I can't seem to find an average wage anywhere?

I was offered a job in Dubai by an agency many years ago with the price tag somewhere around 40k, I thanked them kindly and informed them that we all knew the reasons why I was being offered what would be perceived as luxurious living arrangements. The loss of ones independence cannot and should not be bought. There are many other things to bear in mind when looking to live in other countries. This was however 15 years ago so things may be very different now, but always check cultural differences, as a rampant feminist there are simply places I am not designed to go!

Edit: Also check all clauses about leaving early, how much you would have to pay back in flight costs etc, that can be lots of hidden penalties.

Hey geeks! I'm just putting a little research into job opportunities in Dubai and wondering if any of you have ever or still do work over there? There seems to be a lot of jobs out there working in the hotel spas which offer great benefit packages including accommodation, transport, medical insurance and flights but I can't seem to find an average wage anywhere?
Hi Sarah, I live in Dubai & have looked at beauty therapy jobs currently available (salon based). Some were only paying £800 per month with only 2 days off a month!!! Shocking! Why Dubai? Do you just fancy a change? Want some sunshine?

Hello I have never worked in Dubai but my salon manager did and said she couldn't stay any longer working very long hours and the pay didn't reflect the work she put in but she loved working in Asia .

Latest posts

Back