Working out costs :/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey guys...feels like i havent been on in years but it's just been a busy couple of weeks :)

Im sat trying to work out costs for colour services, however im a bit stuck at the moment because i weigh my colour, yet everything but bleach powder is labelled in mils so how do you think i can go about converting mls to g's without wasting colour/money?

It probably sounds stupid, but i pay no notice to how much is left in a tube, i only look at the screen on my scales so i cant even guestimate :(

Perry x

It's a straight swap if u get what I mean 15ml is equal to 15gr i believe. Any help?

It's a straight swap if u get what I mean 15ml is equal to 15gr i believe. Any help?

Its not, it would be if it was water, but because of the density it changes...if i were to measure 15g of peroxide and 15g of colour, there'd be more peroxide in the bowl than colour :/

Thanks for your reply though :)

Its not, it would be if it was water, but because of the density it changes...if i were to measure 15g of peroxide and 15g of colour, there'd be more peroxide in the bowl than colour :/

Thanks for your reply though :)

Oh dear in that case does that mean that infact my colour scales are not as acurate as I thought? :confused: I've only just got them, and was loving the ease of them. Any ideas??

Thats how all wella colours are mixed both in salon and when I have done courses at the academy

Oh dear in that case does that mean that infact my colour scales are not as acurate as I thought? :confused: I've only just got them, and was loving the ease of them. Any ideas??

Nah not atall, because you're mixing both peroxide and colour to the same ratio with the scales, but i want to know the cost of how much i'm using but i only know the price in ml if that makes sense?

As long as you use the same units and the same ratio, it doesn't affect it

From what I've looked at its almost the same in grams as ml.... Look at the tube markings on the side of the tube next time you use it, will give you a rough idea how similar it is.

Latest posts

Back