Working Sundays?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
Does anyone open up on a sunday? I'm moving to a new beauty room (to rent) and the lady in charge has offered me to open up Sunday's if i wished along with some other days. The salons in a city centre down a main street and she says she'd of thought id perhaps get busy as she opens up on a monday and she says it her busiest day although the salon its self (which is hair n beauty) is techniaclly shut. Anyone who does this can you give me some pros and cons and if it works for you please! Thanks geeks!

Does anyone open up on a sunday? I'm moving to a new beauty room (to rent) and the lady in charge has offered me to open up Sunday's if i wished along with some other days. The salons in a city centre down a main street and she says she'd of thought id perhaps get busy as she opens up on a monday and she says it her busiest day although the salon its self (which is hair n beauty) is techniaclly shut. Anyone who does this can you give me some pros and cons and if it works for you please! Thanks geeks!

I open 2 Sundays per month. I've just set up alone after being employed for a long while, so I'm not over run with clients, but I am proportionately busy on these days. My full time working ladies appreciate a Sunday, and I am actually the only salon in a 3 mile radius that opens on a Sunday, so looking forward to capitalising on this ASAP.

Only downside for me really.... it's a Sunday lol. I can't lie and say I don't begrudge dragging myself out of bed to work instead of snuggles with my small person, or actually doing my housework, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to put food on the table lol x

I'm open on sundays, but only half of the day, mainly because it is still the weekend, and there are many people about, but some of us would like to be with family, so just half day for me.

Pros: last day of the weekend, people are getting ready for work on the next day, so they gotta look sharp! More people than Monday (at least for me)

Cons: less personal time, pretty much it.

I used to work Sunday's, and although they always appeared to busy and a handful of clients were extremely appreciative of the fact I worked them, it was definitely the worst day for no shows- impromptu family days out and hangovers mainly to blame!

I work three hours on Sunday mornings, 10.30-1.30. I think people are appreciative of the fact I'm working when most people are off, but at the same time to me Sundays are a chillout day, so I wouldn't work more than the three hours I'm currently doing.

Depends on you entirely.
It's your salon so it's up to you.

I worked at hotel hours for years and years till I chose to close and move to residential come in town area so get a nice mix of clients now.
I don't open sundays as I go to church, I did think I would loose money but my church life was dying and I enjoy going and is to me, more important then money at this stage in my life and I also didn't find I have lost any income or clients by closing on a Sunday at all. But I do open till much later on Fridays and sat so it helps. And I open on public holidays . Just my choice for bit of sanity to close on sundays :)

Thanks for all your replies everyone! Think im going to see how i go and after a few months consider doing every other sunday then ive not lost sunday all together xx

Latest posts

Back