Working with Rheumatoid Arthritis?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael204

Reaction score
I have been suffering with dreadful pains and swelling in my hands and have been to the doctors today to be told it may be rheumatoid arthritis. I will be having blood tests on Wednesday to find out more.
My question is how many fellow nail geeks are sufferers and how do you cope?
It is, of course, worse in my dominant left hand!!

I have been suffering with dreadful pains and swelling in my hands and have been to the doctors today to be told it may be rheumatoid arthritis. I will be having blood tests on Wednesday to find out more.
My question is how many fellow nail geeks are sufferers and how do you cope?
It is, of course, worse in my dominant left hand!!

I will be 43 in june, and according to my doctor i suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago. He gave me Mobiflex (i'm taking 1 pill every evening for 3 months now) and Meloxicam Teva 15gr. (1 pill every morning for 1 month)
Every night, i wake up at least 2 times, due to pain in my elbows and wrists.
During the day it's the pain is bearable while working. But I avoid lifting heavy objects when housekeeping.

I will be 43 in june, and according to my doctor i suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago. He gave me Mobiflex (i'm taking 1 pill every evening for 3 months now) and Meloxicam Teva 15gr. (1 pill every morning for 1 month)
Every night, i wake up at least 2 times, due to pain in my elbows and wrists.
During the day it's the pain is bearable while working. But I avoid lifting heavy objects when housekeeping.

thank you for replying - it is so painful isn't it! I normally sleep really well but have been woken up by the pain in my arms recently.
I am hoping that by catching it early it will be treatable
Please let me know how you get on with the tablets you have been given xx

I've had RA in all my joints since a baby (diagnosed aged 15 months) - I have flare ups occasionally but I've found a medication which works for me and I am 3 years now without a flare up (it would be 7 years had I not taken it upon myself to stop the meds thinking I was cured! ...I wasn't!) I take methotrexate and it works for me. Sorry to hear about both of your pains - I really do empathise (hugs) keep with the meds, despite any side effects as these wear off after a few weeks and take it easy on your joints. Good luck xxxx

thank you - I must admit I have been panicking as it really hurts at the moment and being self employed means no work-no money!

It's very reassuring to know that others cope with it! xx

Latest posts

Back