World Pay Zinc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastermjr2004

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have finally decided to go with World Pay Zinc! Only problem is, I am having difficulty accepting card payments. No matter what card I use it declines the transaction. I have tested using chip and pin, the magnetic stripe and card not present. They all decline! At first thought it was the card machine until I tried the card not present option which sounds unrelated to the machine. Also I have raised this with world pay zinc whom have escalated the case, but have not got back to me yet!

Anyone experienced the same issues?

Kind Regards,

Matt

I had this, just suddenly started doing it.

I untethered the Bluetooth connection, reset the handset (little button on the side).

Delete the app and then re install it.

Apparently it's when they do an update but sometimes your app doesn't tell you it needs updating.

If you're running it on iOS apparently there were some issues with the latest version, but by doing the above it should fix it.

Hth

I had this, just suddenly started doing it.

I untethered the Bluetooth connection, reset the handset (little button on the side).

Delete the app and then re install it.

Apparently it's when they do an update but sometimes your app doesn't tell you it needs updating.

If you're running it on iOS apparently there were some issues with the latest version, but by doing the above it should fix it.

Hth

Hey,

Thanks for your advice. It makes sense with what you are referring above, but I find it strange that I tried the card transaction on my computer and used two Visa debit cards and they both declined. Very Strange!

Kind Regards,

Matt

I had a pretty bad experience using World Pay Zinc. We're distributors, and we used it for a show in London. We did a test transaction in the morning which was no problem - but then when customers started coming it completely froze up and wouldn't work at all. It was embarrassing. They offered to replace the terminal, but we said we'd rather just cancel our account with them.

I had a pretty bad experience using World Pay Zinc. We're distributors, and we used it for a show in London. We did a test transaction in the morning which was no problem - but then when customers started coming it completely froze up and wouldn't work at all. It was embarrassing. They offered to replace the terminal, but we said we'd rather just cancel our account with them.

Who do you use now?

I've had this last night and today! 2 new clients last night, £65 and £55 and the chip and pin wouldn't link to my iPhone. Embarrassing as I didn't know them and the next client arrived both times while I was trying to do it! In the end I text my bank details and they transferred to my bank today. I then reset the machine today and it linked but a client tonight had card declined twice and she said there was money in the account. Embarrassing again! Sounds like I need to delete app and reinstall then.

I'm not impressed with world pay zinc at the moment.
I started with wordplay pay as you go and it was great. I have been migrated across to zinc.
It worked fine to start with then my mobile app would freeze or decline payments. Re installed app, repaired and it would take a few payments then start declining again.
I did this several times before it stopped working at all.
The help desk were helpfully, and it turns out my phone is no longer supported by the app. Even though it is listed as having the right version of android.
Now they have emailed me to say my bargin rate of 75p per transaction is going up to 2.75% in August.
I think I'll check out my options as even screwfix do a card machine and printer bundle for tradesmen.

I've had a couple times where the payment hasn't gone through but it's always worked on a second attempt. My problem is with the pin machine. The battery normally dies after only one transaction once it's been fully charged. Have spoken to their customer service team who've said to reset it and see if that helps otherwise they will send a new one. Seems like they are being very helpful, it's just frustrating that there seems to be so many of us having problems!

For all these problems I would definitely be looking at a proper mobile terminal that uses GPS and is not connected to your phone. And personally I still would never stick my card in one of those things that works with your phone.

I have to agree with BP. When my terminal stopped working I received my new one the next day. I rang the clients who hadn't been able to pay and took their payments over the phone.
Paying a monthly amount is peace of mind, although I know it can add up!
I use the same analogy as I do with an accountant.
If you're paying tax anyway, pay for a machine and make your life a bit easier.
Obviously this is different if you are just starting out!

Vicki x

For all these problems I would definitely be looking at a proper mobile terminal that uses GPS and is not connected to your phone. And personally I still would never stick my card in one of those things that works with your phone.

I used a mobile terminal for 2 years through Cardsave. It was fine to start with then constantly lost connection, it was a right pain and also embarrassing in front of clients.

I was speaking to a shop owner and she had a problems with her fixed line terminal, although not through Cardsave.

I think whatever system you use there seems to be issues with lost connections and software updates.

I now use Worldpay Zinc, which generally speaking has been fine and a lot cheaper. I believe they are also owned by Streamline.

None if my clients have never refused to use as it's not a proper looking machine, they are just glad they can pay by card.

Just my thoughts!

One thing about the battery life of the world pay zinc handset - it comes with a USB cable to charge it.

You can't charge it using a USB plug, it overloads it so when you use it it dies instantly, never really charged at all.

You have to charge it using a computer port or an in car charger which is a lower trickle of power to charge it.

Hth

One thing about the battery life of the world pay zinc handset - it comes with a USB cable to charge it.

You can't charge it using a USB plug, it overloads it so when you use it it dies instantly, never really charged at all.

You have to charge it using a computer port or an in car charger which is a lower trickle of power to charge it.

Hth

Not had a problem with battery life. I turn it off each night and charge it through the day using the USB cable and standard plug.

I know their have been reports of problems with charging and battery life thou.

I know when I had my Cardsave terminal it worked better being turned off overnight the would pick up a new connection when turned on in the morning.

I got a worldpay zinc machine at the London beauty show in Feb. I have been impressed with it so far, although it occasionally declines a card, even though the client has money in their account, then goes through when tried a second time. However I was very much unimpressed yesterday to get an email from them saying they are discontinuing their all you can eat plan (currently £12.99 per month with no transaction charges). The lowest rate they will offer me now is £5.99 per month and 1.95% per transaction. This is going to work out much more expensive for me as most of my clients pay by card :-(

Still looking for a good company. I'm office based so use Paypal Virtual terminal, but for shows, I too need a machine. I may go to my bank and see what they can offer….wee need to decide before Professional Beauty in Feb

Still looking for a good company. I'm office based so use Paypal Virtual terminal, but for shows, I too need a machine. I may go to my bank and see what they can offer….wee need to decide before Professional Beauty in Feb

Most banks are complete rip offs. I'd search online. Remember as well it takes about 6 weeks approx to setup with most companies so make sure factor that in your time frame to get it all up in running in time for you :)

Any thoughts or knowledge on cardnet, anyone?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not had a problem with battery life. I turn it off each night and charge it through the day using the USB cable and standard plug.

I know their have been reports of problems with charging and battery life thou.

I know when I had my Cardsave terminal it worked better being turned off overnight the would pick up a new connection when turned on in the morning.

How weird!!

I was doing exactly as you (turned off charging overnight with a plug), it was fine for the first couple of months then just stopped holding a charge, would be flat and switching itself off after an hour or so, felt like it would need charging every time I wanted to use it.

When mine started declining cards and I called them they told me the reason they don't supply it with a plug is because it overloads it and destroys the battery life, so you should only use the USB through a computer or in car charger.

Ever since I've followed this guideline it holds it's charge much better.

How weird!!

I was doing exactly as you (turned off charging overnight with a plug), it was fine for the first couple of months then just stopped holding a charge, would be flat and switching itself off after an hour or so, felt like it would need charging every time I wanted to use it.

When mine started declining cards and I called them they told me the reason they don't supply it with a plug is because it overloads it and destroys the battery life, so you should only use the USB through a computer or in car charger.

Ever since I've followed this guideline it holds it's charge much better.

Interesting. I've been charging mine with a plug and battery doesn't last long at all but they didn't mention this at all when I called them up about it.

I got a worldpay zinc machine at the London beauty show in Feb. I have been impressed with it so far, although it occasionally declines a card, even though the client has money in their account, then goes through when tried a second time. However I was very much unimpressed yesterday to get an email from them saying they are discontinuing their all you can eat plan (currently £12.99 per month with no transaction charges). The lowest rate they will offer me now is £5.99 per month and 1.95% per transaction. This is going to work out much more expensive for me as most of my clients pay by card :-(

Similar to the e-mail I got from worlpay telling me my charges were chainging in August from 75p per debit card to 2.75%

There sudenly seem to be a lot of suppliers out there offering similar systems and all charging about 2.75% per transaction.
That is quite a change for me if someone books a course of treatments for £225. It used to cost me 75p in transaction charges, now it will cost £6.19!!!! Even my standard treatments ( £38 ) will go from 75p to £1.05.

My plan is to wait a few months and see if competition brings the transaction charges down.

Latest posts

Back