Worried I've missed a fungal infection :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesam

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this, new to doing nails and could do with some advice please.

Whilst doing nail prep and cuticle work on a client this brown 'stuff' comes off her nails. Zone 3 is clear of this staining. I'm wondering if its a fungal nail infection? I've not seen one before..... Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks

Is she a smoker by any chance? It could be that the cuticle away (or whatever you use) is lifting off the nicotine stains from the nail plate.

What did/do her nails look like normaly? ie. do they look brown or normal coloured etc.

Sam xx

Some fake tans can stain the cuticle area too. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Is she a smoker by any chance? It could be that the cuticle away (or whatever you use) is lifting off the nicotine stains from the nail plate.

What did/do her nails look like normaly? ie. do they look brown or normal coloured etc.

Sam xx
Hi Sam,

As far as I know she's a non smoker and her new nail growth is pink and healthy looking as it should be.

Some fake tans can stain the cuticle area too. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek
Hi Disco,

She doesn't wear fake tan but does wear heavy foundation but that has also been eliminated. Really not sure what to make of it at all now!

Sam

Latest posts

Back