Worst ways to break a nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shut the car door completely on my finger with acrylic on it split from cuticle to free edge and the pain was untrue!! I ended up in a&e after 3 hrs of bleeding and had it glued and dressed. Lived on painkillers for a week :( my daughter trapped her thumb in our front door about 6 weeks ago and it was completely shut! How she didn't break her thumb I'll never know but it made her nail go black. I felt so awful as I knew the pain she was in :(
The joys of nails! No man will ever understand that pain!!!!!

Shutting a nail in the door is probably one of the worst pains!

I continuously manage to break my long thumb nails while reversing the car.... As in me vigorously turning the steering wheel and bang snap its gone... Ouch!

Am I the only one that manages to do this??! Haha

All of these are making my legs go funny x
Mine was coming off a quad and bent my big toe nail right back and split half way down ! On a gravel road too xx
Owwwwww

All of these are making my legs go funny x
Mine was coming off a quad and bent my big toe nail right back and split half way down ! On a gravel road too xx
Owwwwww

owww :Scared:

Before i had long nails i was helping my boyfreind (now hubby), to cut a piece of wood on a circular saw, i wanted to push the wood through the saw, so he said "keep hold of the wood whilst pushing, and dont let go until the saw has gone through the wood completely"

Well..........I stupid ly let go of the wood before it was totally through the saw, it flug into the air and bashed me directly on my fingers in a vertical fashion.

My nail went black and detached from the bed and i had to go to A&E :cry::cry:

Ripped my little toenail off on holiday three weeks ago by tripping on a stone step....agony! The whole thing came away from the front of the toe, including the nail bed. Bled like billy'o and could barely walk for three days, but fortunately after the final bits coming off last week, I am pleased to say it is starting to grow back....I was concerned I had lost the whole lot forever. My brother did point out I could save 10% on all my future pedicures with a missing nail x

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

One of my ladies tried up the stairs while carrying a pile of ironing ripped off all but two acrylics:Scared:

I've done all of them, chopping veg right through to my nail bed, kicking the wheel of the shopping trolley and shaved my nails whilst shaving my legs but the worst of all was when I had just done a fresh set of acrylics on myself and I banged my free edge head on with the wall, not very hard but it was just in the right place and my whole natural nail ripped off. The acrylic one was still securely stuck to my nail but my nail was hanging on by a thread. Ooor I went as white as a ghost.

Bec 💅

A few weeks ago I Gelluxed my nails and that night I was cutting peppers, the knife went right through the Gellux taking a chunk out of it and ever so slightly scoring my natural nail. Id say that was a lucky escape!! Everything happens for a reason ;)

I've done all of them, chopping veg right through to my nail bed, kicking the wheel of the shopping trolley and shaved my nails whilst shaving my legs but the worst of all was when I had just done a fresh set of acrylics on myself and I banged my free edge head on with the wall, not very hard but it was just in the right place and my whole natural nail ripped off. The acrylic one was still securely stuck to my nail but my nail was hanging on by a thread. Ooor I went as white as a ghost.

Bec 💅

Omg... 😨😨😨

owww :Scared:

Before i had long nails i was helping my boyfreind (now hubby), to cut a piece of wood on a circular saw, i wanted to push the wood through the saw, so he said "keep hold of the wood whilst pushing, and dont let go until the saw has gone through the wood completely"

Well..........I stupid ly let go of the wood before it was totally through the saw, it flug into the air and bashed me directly on my fingers in a vertical fashion.

My nail went black and detached from the bed and i had to go to A&E :cry::cry:

Oooooooo sounds sore x throw back of the wood x :(

Not really breaking a nail but when i was younger about 6 a pencil led got stuck in a sharpener and my brilliant idea to get it out was to stick my pinky finger in the sharpener and twist it to shift the led, tore my nail off and got my finger stuck as the nail was stuck in the blade bit!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My daughter had sandals on and missed a step going upstairs at work. She caught her big toe nail on the step and ripped off the nail to the cuticle. She lives abroad and sent me a picture asking for advice. I could hardly look at the photo.

Apart from the obvious pain, she was more upset that it was the beginning of summer and meant she wouldn't be able to wear sandals for months.

Just jammed my finger in the car door!!!!

Yesterday I stubbed my toenail at the end of the bed! It's always the little toe too!!

P.S I didn't jam my finger, just playing with some gory nail art for halloween hehehe :)

Attachments

• 1380679_10151721620433925_775727390_n.jpg
    1380679_10151721620433925_775727390_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 164
Not really breaking a nail but when i was younger about 6 a pencil led got stuck in a sharpener and my brilliant idea to get it out was to stick my pinky finger in the sharpener and twist it to shift the led, tore my nail off and got my finger stuck as the nail was stuck in the blade bit!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

For some strange reason I done this when I was about 4 lol! Not because anything was stuck in it I was just being a strange child ha xx

Haha, my boss told me about that one and I do it every time now. It really does save your nail.

I trapped my middle finger in the car door once and lost the whole nail completely. It has grown back though and with very minimal distortion so I think I was quite lucky. Also lost enhancements in the dog collar when I was trying to get him away from the front door.

Lee-Ann x

I once many years ago, in the days of mma acrylics caught it in my new born sons buggy trying to undo it- I lost the whole nail- it was literally ripped backwards taking my natural nail with it- still that bloody acrylic didn't break lol!!

It flopped back in to the nail bed and rested there- I didn't know if it was attached or not but I was in Severe pain and agony, couple of days later all this yellow stuff seeped out from the nail bed and sort of glued the nail plate back down lol, it was awful then finally after a week or so It hurt a bit less so I prised off the acrylic trimmed it down and then finally the entire natural nail fell off, the new one was a stump, growing up and pushed it off.

Had no nail for about a month but it's fine now lol!

Still didn't stop me wearing acrylics though....

That would have put me off ever having acrylics again!! x

Few years back I was putting up Christmas lights outside and I whacked my nail with the hammer. It split my acrylic into quarters and one of the quarters twisted and caught against the next one so it was pulling the attached quarter of nail off.
I nearly passed out I had to sit down on the stairs just holding it until I was brave enough to look!
Managed to really gently buff it down until it sat back in place and then whacked some more acrylic over it to hold it back in place until it grew out. Worked a treat!

Latest posts

Back