Worst ways to break a nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah7898

Reaction score
I ripped my toenail in half from kicking a trolley wheel 😫 it hurt so bad!!
I've cut my nails when shaving my legs, and chopped then when chopping up veg!
What's the worst way you've done it?!

I did the chopping up vegs too! Auch!

I walked into a dumbbell once, ripped the toenail right off.

Falling when going UP the stairs. Mega Ouch!

I'm forever breaking mine doing the little ones car seat :(

I'm forever breaking mine doing the little ones car seat :(

What is it with cars?! I've bent mine backwards so many times when I've not gripped the door handle properly!

What is it with cars?! I've bent mine backwards so many times when I've not gripped the door handle properly!

Because MEN design them!!

Wiping down the kitchen surfaces. The pain is excruciating when you wipe down close to tiles and you push to hard and your finger whacks the tiles. I have broke many a nail that way.

Also opening/closing car doors.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always damage the free edge of mine trying to open the clasp on my pandora braclet , every time without fail :p

I always damage the free edge of mine trying to open the clasp on my pandora braclet , every time without fail :p

They make them so hard to open and the only thing that seems to fit in there to open it is a finger nail lol x

Ha pandora bracelet every time, if not grating cheese will do it for me...cringe!!!!!

I got my nail extension caught in the dogs collar, this ripped off taking an unhealthy chunk of my natural nail with it, it bled so much I couldn't look at it, stung like a b**** too :sad:

My pushchairs dead wide 3 wheeler so I'm used to walking with it so when I push a trolley, without fail I whack my toes, makes me feel sick to my stomach. Oh and opening my car door and not getting hold of it properly and only the ends of your extensions pull on the car door xxx

I ripped my toenail in half from kicking a trolley wheel 😫 it hurt so bad!!
I've cut my nails when shaving my legs, and chopped then when chopping up veg!
What's the worst way you've done it?!

I ripped my baby toenail completely off on a shopping trolley!! In the middle of tescos I wanted to scream my head off but refrained as I had my toddler with me!! I left a trail of blood all the way to the carpark, I even abandoned my shopping, so much pain :-(

Falling when going UP the stairs. Mega Ouch!

Oh Jesus I do this all the time, only get my toes on the edge of the carpet and slip.... Wahhhhh

Dummy fighting with my brother with acrylics on ! Ripped them off ... Ouch the pain is unbelievable 😭x

Last edited:
Little one tried to help me in the back of the car by shutting the tray table - unfortunately my finger was on the rim. I was in the driver seat with my finger stuck behind the seat and my poor little boy was strapped in so couldn't open it back! Luckily my dad heard me screaming and came to my rescue. It didn't break but I lost the feeling in my finger for a few weeks.

Shut the car door completely on my finger with acrylic on it split from cuticle to free edge and the pain was untrue!! I ended up in a&e after 3 hrs of bleeding and had it glued and dressed. Lived on painkillers for a week :( my daughter trapped her thumb in our front door about 6 weeks ago and it was completely shut! How she didn't break her thumb I'll never know but it made her nail go black. I felt so awful as I knew the pain she was in :(
The joys of nails! No man will ever understand that pain!!!!!

Latest posts

Back