Would an online appointment website really work for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiba

Reaction score
HI, first of all I would like to say that I'm not trying to sell anything here. I'm just a stay at home dad that's trying to become a web designer.

My dad was a hairdresser for most of his life, he drowned a couple years ago on vacation. He was pretty much a hair geek, around 1990, he bought the first model of computer that took pictures of your face and puts different style hair on you. Today you can probably download an app on your smartphone for 1$ I guess but at the time he paid about 25000$ for it, so yes, I think he'd qualifyed for hair geek:) My mom was not to happy about it though but that's another story.

Anyways, to honor him, I was thinking of building a component so hairdressers could put on their website so that customers could go straight on the website and take their appointment directly.

The problem is, and please correct me if I'm wrong but I think they're is a lot of variables to consider when making appointments in your industry that may make my idea really not work in real life.

Let me give you an example: say your client wants to have a cut and color, I'm guessing the length of his hair has major impact on the length of the appointment? In that case, I couldn't generalize a duration of an appointment. Also, I remember him taking more then 1 customer at once, I think he'd factor in the blowing time (really hope that's how you guys call this :) ) so that he could start a new customer while the last one was still under the dryer.

Was this only "his thing" or is this a practice that most of you do.

I am asking because If so, I wont waste my time trying to code something like this if in practice, having a website like this would not be useful.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read, any comments/suggestion are really welcomed.

Have a great day,

Jonathan

Hi.

Some salons already have online booking systems. Your right timings can change depending on hair length and time.
Companies that I know that do online bookings only do it for cuts and not colouring

Hope this helped

Latest posts

Back