Would Avon be unprofessional?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I am an Avon representative and nail tech. I was thinking, would it be unprofessional to 1. Sell Avon products like polishes and foot or hand creams in the salon or 2. Come holidays/birthday give avon as gifts.
I only use professional products with my services.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I am an Avon representative and nail tech. I was thinking, would it be unprofessional to 1. Sell Avon products like polishes and foot or hand creams in the salon or 2. Come holidays/birthday give avon as gifts.
I only use professional products with my services.

No I think that's a good idea, a lot of people like Avon and there products. My nan/mum use a lot of Avon and if they went to a salon they would end up buying a few bits if it was sold. You could add you are a Avon representative and end up selling more xx

Just to add, people do Ann summers and spray tan party's. X

Sorry to disagree. I think it would seem a little unprofessional. Maybe that's just me but I wouldn't be impressed to see my local salon selling Avon, even if they weren't using it.

You need to retail Avon products at the current brochure price which means an adjustment every 3 weeks. So if you bought something for 3.50 that suddenly went on offer at 1.50 you could be out of pocket whilst having to honour that price. Its worth letting people order from the current brochure then you don't end up getting stung

I wouldn't sell Avon to clients personally as it's not a professional product and anyone can buy it ie the general public so I would say it would be unprofessional.xxx

I wouldn't sell Avon to clients personally as it's not a professional product and anyone can buy it ie the general public so I would say it would be unprofessional.xxx

If I bought from a salon I would expect salon quality standard also. The nail varnish wears off acrylics quite easily so would be a bit disappointed if i 'd bought it after having my nails done x

I would also say it wasn't the best idea. It just doesn't go hand in hand in my opinion.

Also you would need to check with Avon to see if you could actually do this as don't they have their own shops, they do here so not sure about UK.

Other makeup catalogs strictly prohibit this type of retailing also for example Mary Kay, it is a big no no and the actively pursue folks that sell it outwith the distributor cataloge girls/guys.

Also you would need to check with Avon to see if you could actually do this as don't they have their own shops, they do here so not sure about UK.

I was an area manager for them in a former life ,

Sorry to disagree. I think it would seem a little unprofessional. Maybe that's just me but I wouldn't be impressed to see my local salon selling Avon, even if they weren't using it.

I agree Blossom...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

What do you think about as gifts? And the non nail related gifts such as body washes or chapsticks? Just as a thank you for your business type deal?

What do you think about as gifts? And the non nail related gifts such as body washes or chapsticks? Just as a thank you for your business type deal?

Makes no sense as you should be giving away little things that you sell/provide in your spa. Thank you gifts are also a way of encouraging client loyalty and making money.

Avon doesn't belong in spas, it's not professional and any joe blow can buy it. Honestly either stick to being an avon rep or the beauty business, but please don't mix both!

I know of lots of places, salons, hairdressers etc that has a rep working there who leaves a brochure but thats as far as it goes. Leave a current brochure with your contact detail with the magazines and keep it seperatte x

Nah! Give them a free hand massage with a mani, or free toenail polish when they book acrylics. That way you won't be actually out of pocket. x

Hi, I am new to salongeek but find it fab!
......in relation to selling Avon within your Salon. I think its perfectly fine if you are qualified, run your own business and have a knowledge of the products you are going to be selling. Its not all about high end brands and high end prices. There is a bit of snobbery around Avon. I personally think it appeals to all ages, its a brilliant Business idea plus it all depends on you as an individual, how you want to market your Business, your client base and your overall ambition! Im all about thinking positive and will try to see the positive in every situation, I dont have room for negativity im afraid!

The post is from over four years ago.

Latest posts

Back