Would Gel Nails be suitable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxglove

Reaction score
I have booked my training with Calgel (in February, cant wait!!), and have already recieved my kit. So, I have been playing on my own nails...as you do!!

I have already had a couple of my beauty clients notice them, and ask when/how much tohave their nails done etc :green:

However, one of my clients has her own cleaning company. She is a habitual nail biter, and I know she is very self-concious. I would love to use her as a guinae pig...but wonder if the cleaning chemicals she uses everyday for her job would make this impossible?

Just thought I better get you Geeks' advice before I mention the idea to my lovely client....! :hug:

As we all know nail biters are hard work! Some don't bite with enhancements on and some do, some pick also.

For sure you can use her but obviously you need to make her aware of aftercare. If she is a cleaner she needs to be wearing gloves, she needs to treat her nails with respect and not use them as tools. Just a few pointers there.

HTH Teri x:hug:

Thank you, Teri! Thought about the glove thing. She has also had enhancements before...just once. She didnt like the 'artificial look' and apparenly had a really long free edge, so wanst practical for her.

I was thinking of maybe doing a couple of natural nail manicures - warm oil treatments etc to get the cuticles in good shape, then go for NNOs for a while...just to see what happens. She is the sort of person to really work with you....

Thank you, Teri! Thought about the glove thing. She has also had enhancements before...just once. She didnt like the 'artificial look' and apparenly had a really long free edge, so wanst practical for her.

I was thinking of maybe doing a couple of natural nail manicures - warm oil treatments etc to get the cuticles in good shape, then go for NNOs for a while...just to see what happens. She is the sort of person to really work with you....

Well good luck hun!

Teri x:hug:

However, one of my clients has her own cleaning company. She is a habitual nail biter, and I know she is very self-concious. I would love to use her as a guinae pig...but wonder if the cleaning chemicals she uses everyday for her job would make this impossible?

Just thought I better get you Geeks' advice before I mention the idea to my lovely client....! :hug:
Good luck with your Calgel course. I know you will enjoy it.

I have practised with Calgel on the lady who cleans for me. She had no problems at all but she does wear gloves when cleaning. Calgel is porous so as long as you advise her to wear gloves, she should be fine.

Latest posts

Back