Would my idea get people to book spray tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just had a thought about how to encourage people to book in spray tans with me.. Every time I spray someone, I wish I could of taken a before photo and then get an after photo so you can see how the tan looks and I could post up on my facebook page so new/potential tan clients can see how good it looks..

But because I dont really see my clients after they have had their tans I don't get the chance to take an 'after' photo..

So I thought I would get my son in to help me. Instead of taking before and after photos, has anyone tried to somehow mask one side of the body off and spray tan the other side?? :biggrin: I thought if I could do this I could then take the one photo of him showing one half pasty white and the other half nicely bronzed up..

(he is 20yrs old by the way so not a child)

Do you think this would work?? - do you think my son would be up for this?? How could I bribe him?? haha I would of course spray the rest of his body once I had taken the photos..! :p

could you not just put your camera on a tripod or a table that doesn't get moved, take before shot, spray him, take after photo then do the half and half thing in photoshop.....?

I will be taking the picture with my phone - so not possible, plus im not that good on photoshop - in fact I dont even have it on my laptop lol, so wouldn't work im afraid. Would need the tan to develop anyway, so would have to wait at least 8 hours.

How about:

Take a photo of his legs before.

Spray 1 leg, and take a photo (showing the guide colour).

Then take another photo after development of 1 white leg and 1 brown leg.

It should be enough to show the difference in colour at all stages and then of course you could spray the rest of him so he is brown all over.

If your dead set on the half and half thing you could get him to stand against a wall and you stand against another wall (so your distance from each other cannot change) then take a photo before, after spraying him - all over not missing anything (for guide colour), then another photo after washing off.

As the photos are all taken at same distance it should be possible to merge half of the before and half of the after photo - even using basic programme like paint.

Good idea about the legs Baggybear - that would be easier. And I never thought about showing the colour guide etc..

And I think my son would not need as much persuasion to do just his legs rather than his whole body.

Thank you!

Good idea about the legs Baggybear - that would be easier. And I never thought about showing the colour guide etc..

And I think my son would not need as much persuasion to do just his legs rather than his whole body.

Thank you!

Glad you think it was a good idea to just do the legs. :biggrin:

I thought showing the guide colour would be a good idea as some people panic at how light/dark etc the guide colour is and sometimes expect the guide to be the same colour as thier tan is when it's developed, especially if it's a first time tanner. So if they have an idea of what it will look like they are less likely to panic when they get it done as they can see the resulting tan after wash off too.

It might be good to take a photo of the guide colour when it's due to be washed off too so they can see approx how dark it will look at wash off time (as looking in the mirror first thing can be a shock to first time tanners who sleep in solution lol).

Hope your son is ok about getting tanned :Love:

Latest posts

Back