Would my lamp be causing problems ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo1

Reaction score
Last night I was practising on my trainer, using a bright desk light. The acrylic was really waterery and literaly running off the nail, even when I tried to make it dry. Some of the whites had a marble effect too.

I've had another go this morning, no lamp just using day light and it seems fine.

Would it have been the lamp heating it up? If so what sort of lamp do I need. I have a friend coming tonight for her nails and I'm really worried I'm going to mess them up.

TIA

In a word NO!

A hot lamp too close to your work area woud have the opposite effect and make your product set up faster.

Your problem is you are working with too wet a mix ratio. Just ensure you havel ess liquid in your brush before you pick up a bead.
If you still pick up too wet a bead and it is wet and shiny and absorbed all the liquid before 3 seconds then put it back into the powder and pick up some more until you get the right mix. HTH

In a word NO!

A hot lamp too close to your work area woud have the opposite effect and make your product set up faster.

Your problem is you are working with too wet a mix ratio. Just ensure you havel ess liquid in your brush before you pick up a bead.
If you still pick up too wet a bead and it is wet and shiny and absorbed all the liquid before 3 seconds then put it back into the powder and pick up some more until you get the right mix. HTH

As Judge Judy would say ... PERFECT!! lol

Latest posts

Back