Would you charge more for rebalances after 3weeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi

I am just curious what you other geeks do.

I had a new client come to me 5 weeks ago for a set of nail enhancements. When I looked at her nails I could not believe what I saw, every nail had a greenie on it. She said she had some nail enhancements put on afew months ago, and instead of going to get them infilled she decieded to do it her self:eek:

So she must of had lifting and them not prepped them correctly and germs have got in every nail, then she has infilled them.

So she took them off the night before coming to see me, and that is what she was left with (did not tell me when she booked)

I did read sometime ago, that I could do another set has long has I did a good prep and them put nail enhancemnts on, this would stop the greenie feeding.

So anyway I did this and didn't hear anything from her, So I got intouch with her after three weeks and asked her if they were ok. I was basically saying do you want them to be infilled. She messaged back saying her nails were fine and would be intouch for a rebalance.

Then the week after 4weeks she asked to book in, I could not get her in the days she could do because it was last minute, so she said could she book in for Tuesday 1st March tomorrow. I said yes that was fine.

Again I have asked her if they are ok and she said yes. I am worried that they look awful, and will take me ages to sort out so I have told her I will do charge a extra £3 for rebalances after 3 weeks.I think she is just wanting to save money again. Do you think this is fair?

Thank You

Last edited:
Lots of techs charge different prices dependant on the number of weeks they go in between appts

Personally I have never done this as I have some ladies who come every 2 weeks and some who go 3-4 weeks. I do how ever charge an extra £5 if they go beyond 5 weeks as trust me some do try to stretch it and a 5 week maintenance is much more work than a 2-3 week one.

The reason I do not charge more is that everyone's nails grow differently, for me if I go more than 2-3 weeks I start picking (which is v naughty :smack: as I'm an experienced tech and tell my clients off if they pick lol) but I have some ladies who go 4 weeks and you had thought it was only last week they were in.

I would make it clear to your client that if she goes longer than you recommend that she will pay extra, as it is extra work for you, maybe even charge a full set price for 5 weeks (at your discretion)

Jess x

Jessica Marks
EzFlow Master Artist Educator

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes it is hard when people can do four weeks and some only two weeks, and then wheather to charge more or the same. I just get so annoyed when people do it to penny pinch, and they should be having them done every 2/3 weeks.

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes it is hard when people can do four weeks and some only two weeks, and then wheather to charge more or the same. I just get so annoyed when people do it to penny pinch, and they should be having them done every 2/3 weeks.

it does bug me too sometimes... but i have come to realise that my clients dont come to me because of what i charge they come to me beacuse of what i can do and my experience which is why i haven't joined everyone in the price wars just to get clientèle, charge what your worth and the clients that do come to you will respect that, if they want cheap nails then let them ruin their nails and go to the nss! ... sorry rant over!

I think if you just make it clear to people what you charge if they go longer then if you feel that its not going to take more of your time then its up to you what you charge.
I have a lady who is in her 80s that comes to me every 4-6 weeks, she never get breakages just growth and I can do her nails 45mins- 1 hour so I don't charge her extra at my discretion.

Jess x

Jessica Marks
EzFlow Master Artist Educator

Thank you. xx

Latest posts

Back