Would you or can I employ someone for just 1 day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I work alone and I've been asked to do a brides pamper day in june.

There will be the bride, bride's mother and 2 sisters and the treatments they want are:

Bride - swarovski crystal toes + Full set individidual sp lashes

Mum - swarovski crystal toes + Full set individual sp lashes + spray tan

Sister 1 - Shellac Toes + Spray tan

Sister2 - Shellac Toes + spray tan

Now if the weather is good, my place has a lovely outside area where they could sit eat, drink, sunbathe, I also have an outside hot tub to use and inside there is a 2 person steam shower cubicle.

Part of me thinks I could do it myself (OCD part also would worry about the standard of anyone elses work).

But, if the weather is crap, are they going to get bored and should I get someone in to help. If I do get someone in should I get another experience therapist which obviously means a bigger outlay cutting down on my profit. Or could I get a level 2 from the college and have her with me a couple of days prior to show her how I like my pedicures done (CND) and see what she could do to help.

I don't even know if I can contact my insurers to add her on to my policy for a day

Anyone help would be much appreciated.

H xx

Your place sounds fabulous!!!

Well if theres a part of you that thinks you can do it yourself, whats holding you back?

I think you very right about the quality of work how can you gaurantee that of someone you never worked with.

I have loads of major weddings this year, with 5 bridesmaids etc, mothers of the bride sisters of the bride etc

well I was at the stage of needing extra help anyways but I have brought girls on board with this in mind and looking to the future so that i can have time to have them ready before the weddings, it just takes time i wouldnt want to take risk on someone else id never worked with

Have you thought of spacing them out a little? I've done this in past and can work quite well as wedding time so busy for the bridal party that they may not want to spend a full day getting treatments?

Hi, I was going to suggest sharing with another local therapist and see if you can do it between you and split the profits but then the OCD part of me kicked in too and just thought can you not do the sp lashes on the day before and then do the rest like a party as planned? Get some nibbles, wine, mags etc (do you have a Saturday girl that could maybe serve them and look after them?). Did they know you work on your own before they booked? If they did then there is no point in worrying as they are likely to be expecting to wait around. Hope that helps xx

Hi

Thanks for your replies ladies, yes they do know I work alone.

How does this sound, I was going to give a little discount as it's a large booking so thought:-

The bride wants really glam full lashes so this will take me some time. I was going to say to her to come the previous week for the full set and on the pamper day I will give her a free top up as a thank you, then I think I can manage the rest? As this is a family hen day I don't want to space them out too much.

Hi peeps

Just an update and some more questions for you.

I have arranged to do the two full sets of lashes the week before and small infills on the pamper day so think that I will be able to manage on my own as I have a lady there that is supplying a buffet lunch who has agreed to play hostess with the drinks and clearing up etc. just have to make sure I don't chat too much!!

I have timed the infills towards the end of the day because the ladies may wish to use the hot tub and don't want this to affect the lashes.

Questions I now have is:-

a) Will the hot tub affect the crystal toes and shellac as they may wish to use it after they have been applied?

b) Will being in the hot tub during the day affect the spray tans at the end of the day ( they will be able to shower before the tan)?

Also, any other tips or comments to help the day run smoothly would be very much appreciated as this is my first bridal pamper day.

H xx

anyone???? xx

Hiya
The only treatment that you've mentioned that I'm qualified in is shellac and, whilst you couldn't let anyone have a soak before they have it applied, I often do shellac spa pedicures and after the shellac is applied we soak and that's never a problem. I guess it would depend on what chemicals are in the hot tub and if they could cause breakdown. Afraid I don't know what's used in one! Hope your day goes well x

Hi peeps

Just an update and some more questions for you.

I have arranged to do the two full sets of lashes the week before and small infills on the pamper day so think that I will be able to manage on my own as I have a lady there that is supplying a buffet lunch who has agreed to play hostess with the drinks and clearing up etc. just have to make sure I don't chat too much!!

I have timed the infills towards the end of the day because the ladies may wish to use the hot tub and don't want this to affect the lashes.

Questions I now have is:-

a) Will the hot tub affect the crystal toes and shellac as they may wish to use it after they have been applied?

b) Will being in the hot tub during the day affect the spray tans at the end of the day ( they will be able to shower before the tan)?

Also, any other tips or comments to help the day run smoothly would be very much appreciated as this is my first bridal pamper day.

H xx

Hi, as a previous poster said it would depend on chemicals in the hot tub I suppose.

Re spray tans, if a client gets in the hot tub before a soray tan, chemicals will be on the skin and showering afterwards is not advised as DHA takes better to skin that has not just been washed.
I always tell my clients to shower at least 8 hours before a tan. i had one lady who ignored that and showered directly before (but didnt tell me) and then complained that her 16% tan only looked like a 12% tan.

When I asked her again if she had showered directly before hand she said that she had. Hth :) xx

Latest posts

Back