Would you risk it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmam

Reaction score
Ok my post about "how much to sacrifice"was about joining Cuticles

was all excited after your positive replies and gave them a ring. Ros was lovely but told me changes would be happening:sad:

The current offer only lasts till the end of the month and then goes back up to the previous price and they will no longer offer free training, it will be discounted but not sure to what extent.

a bit worried that even after the discount and buying the kit it wouldnt be that much cheaper than going direct to Creative

There is no way i could afford the full price atm

So not sure whether to join and have discounted training with support from Cuticles

or try and do it alone,and have to save to do the training with Creative.

any advice?

em x

There are no shortcuts to good training in this industry. I don't see how it would be cheaper going direct to Creative. I certainly spent a lot more to gain my Masters than it costs to join Cuticles.

It will be cheaper if you go direct to Creative and do some training but not perhaps to Master level.

You are the one that has to make the sacrifices but there is a lot of competition out there and to survive you really need to be well equipped.

Urban Geek said:
There are no shortcuts to good training in this industry.

You are the one that has to make the sacrifices but there is a lot of competition out there and to survive you really need to be well equipped.

wise words as usual chris :Love:

There are no shortcuts to good training in this industry.

Totally agree

Thanks for the replies:biggrin:

I realise there are no cheaper short cuts with the training.

Having thought about it some more i think what i save having discounted training will more than cover the intial payments i would need to make to Cuticles. I would also have the back up of an up and coming company.

I really would like to get to master level with creative.

em x

Good luck Em and keep us all posted:Love:

I have been enquiring about Cuticles too and I was told by Ros that they are no longer offering training up to master level, that finished last year, but they are having negotiations to see what they can get for this year....

Urban Geek said:
There are no shortcuts to good training in this industry. I don't see how it would be cheaper going direct to Creative. I certainly spent a lot more to gain my Masters than it costs to join Cuticles.

It will be cheaper if you go direct to Creative and do some training but not perhaps to Master level.

You get FREE CND training as a Cuticles franchisee up to and INCLUDING Masters level in all the systems that Creative use. You also get extra discounts with CND. Have you actually asked for a information pack it tells you all you need to know. I for one have never regretted joining them and feel that I have really had my moneys worth and I paid the FULL price which included Tanning training and kits, Waxing training and kits and some CND kits too, plus much more.

Aspirations said:
I have been enquiring about Cuticles too and I was told by Ros that they are no longer offering training up to master level, that finished last year, but they are having negotiations to see what they can get for this year....

I am a franchisee and I am going up to Master level, not heard this before.

nailsbydesign said:
You get FREE CND training as a Cuticles franchisee up to and INCLUDING Masters level in all the systems that Creative use. You also get extra discounts with CND. Have you actually asked for a information pack it tells you all you need to know. I for one have never regretted joining them and feel that I have really had my moneys worth and I paid the FULL price which included Tanning training and kits, Waxing training and kits and some CND kits too, plus much more.

When i phoned Ros yesterday she told me that it would no longer be free training, it would be offered at a discount rate but she wasnt sure how big the discount would be. She didnt say you couldnt go to Masters though.

I am not trying to put people off Cuticles as i feel they are a good company, i was just saying that i had been told of changes that may not benefit me as a beginner to the nail industry.

em x

If you are a complete beginner you would need to pay for a CND foundation course over and above the cost to join Cuticles but if you have already trained with another company and been doing nails for 12 months then you should not have to do the CND foundation course, just an induction course

I have e-miled Cuticles for clarification re the training costs for future franchisees and will reply when I hear from them.

Latest posts

Back