Would you use someone else’s picture from their page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-a

Reaction score
Whilst looking through the local selling sites this evening, I saw a picture I created using pic collage for Christmas tans that I use on my page. A local lady was using it to advertise her tans. I can’t find it anywhere on google so she must’ve screenshot it from my page. Not a massive deal but I personally wouldn’t do this. Would anyone else?

I admit to using a picture once, but credited the nail tech
I’d send the local lady a friendly message, and say that the image is yours. Either take it down, or credit you underneath it.

Hell no!!

This winds me up. There is someone who advertises locally and uses Pinterest pics - I’ve reported her as I think it very sneaky but nothing happens.

Also a few who use really obvious filters on their work too

I would be fuming and send her a message

It's one thing to use stock images you can buy online but to use your images and not ask or credit you?! I would send her a message and just say please don't use images of my work to sell your own services. I have a Skin base machine and they often post images of results from other skin base salons that I share from their page but the salon is credited on the image or in the posts and I'm not trying to pass them off as my own just show what can be achieved with the treatment.

Thanks for your replies, I’ve checked the site again and it seems to have disappeared now for some reason. Hhhmmmmm

Definitely not ok....I had a lady use many of my pictures of nails and credited herself!! She has now been removed from Facebook.

She shouldn't be passing your work off as hers. Its shocking. Next time she does it just comment underneath ' Hi (her name), im really honoured that you think my work is that amazing you decided to use a picture of my work to advertise your spray tans. You have gave my business a lot more exposure and gained me a lot of new clients. Thanks (your business name). I bet she wouldn't do it again in a hurry haha xx

Latest posts

Back