Wrist op - when to go back to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just had an arm operation, well a gangelion removed from my wrist. Im not sure when I will be fit to go back to work. I work for myself but dont want to turn my clients away, so have said that I will need 2 weeks off. Im thinking that this will be ok for my shellac clients but at the moment I cant see how I will be able to do a rebalance with acrylic. Has anyone had this done and how long was it before you could do nails again. Its been so painful, so have limited function expecially as the op was on my right hand and I am right handed.:Scared:

I did ask the doc but didnt get much sense from them as they didnt really understand, and said go back when you can. Many thanks. Ax

I guess you'll know the right time to go back to work, but I would suggest that you go easy on yourself and on your arm.

Perhaps just ease yourself gently back into it and see how it goes, because you certainly don't want to be rushing into over-doing it and then being out-of-action any longer than is necessary.

Get well soon :hug:

My husband had a gangelion removed from his finger a few years ago and he went back to work after a week. It did still cause him pain/discomft for a while but it might have been to do with where the gangelion was attached and wrapped around the main nerve in his finger like a snake, it went the whole lenght of the finger as well, so removing it was hard for the surgen (well thats what the surgen told us anyway lol).

Just asked him how long it was until the pain because reasonable/easy to cope with and he said 3 weeks but that he was working with spanners and having to use a lot of pressure on his finger to be able to do his job. At the time he was a contractor, was he had to go back to work as soon as possible or we would have had no money coming in at all.

HTH

Sam xx

thank you for all your replies. At the moment I have taken off the big bandage and have just a little padded plaster over it. I cant even bend my wrist a mm so dont think I will be going back soon. I said to my clients I will need about 2 weeks off work so hope that this will be long enough as I dont want to loose clients. At the moment I can see that I will be ok but I suppose I will have to wait and see how I am.

Thanks again for your replies.

Ax

Best thing is not to go back full time, just start off very slowly and build up from there. This is what I did after my back op last year and it worked really well. If I had a day that was too much then I cut back, people tend to be understanding when you have something to show for your pain!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back