Wrong hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssexBeautyx

Reaction score
Hey..

So I currently do spray tanning and Gelish nails, but my mum bought a box colour from boots and asked me to apply it. We don't usually have a problem but this particular colour that she had accidentally picked up worked out to be allot darker than she normally is. After I realised it was going to be allot darker, I asked her to wash it off, which has saved it from being too dark but she wants me to do it again with a lighter golden blonde.

Do I wait until that colour washes out a bit more and her roots start to come through again? Or is if safe to go over it again?

As a hairdresser with more than 20 years of hair colouring under my belt, it's safe to say....I have absolutely no idea!

Could you post a photo of how your mum's hair looks now? And perhaps a photo of the colour she wants to be?

The rule of thumb is a tint will not lift a tint.., however I'm with Classix on this, I hate box colours due to the uncertainty of how they will react :/
Post a picture and we'll see what we can come up with :)

Hey, tell her to wash her hair a couple times with fairy washing up liquid. That will help get rid of some of the darker colour x

Please can I remind everyone that it is against site rules to recommend Over the Counter (OTC) products.

To the OP: as you say you only do spray tanning and nails, this thread has been moved to Consumer Queries. Please amend your Profile if necessary. Thanks.

Why are you guys giving advice??!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why are you guys giving advice??!

Because she is not asking what to do with Pro Products, she is just asking for some help from our professionals.
This is what Consumer is for, maybe once our Pros see the hair and the problem they will say that a professional colour correction is required...but maybe it will just be that a good clarifying shampoo is all that is needed, and recommend one.

Because she is not asking what to do with Pro Products, she is just asking for some help from our professionals.
This is what Consumer is for, maybe once our Pros see the hair and the problem they will say that a professional colour correction is required...but maybe it will just be that a good clarifying shampoo is all that is needed, and recommend one.

Ahh that's true.. point taken! :)

Thank you for everyone's reply's so far. I'm not recommending any over the counter products. I'm at college doing my NVQ Level 2 Hair, we haven't learnt much about colouring yet, but I know how to apply it. I keep telling my mum to try and avoid the box colours but she was adamant she had found the colour she liked and always used. Maybe now she will think differently.
I'm at college tonight so will ask my tutor her opinion too as she has seen my mums previous hair colour when my mum has been a model for me.

Sorry I didn't mean to post something I shouldn't. Was just wanting to know if I could put tint over tint or if it was safer for me to wait for the colour to wash out and just wanted to ask someone with more experience than me.

Thanks again for those who replied x

Latest posts

Back