Xmas Gift Ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VirginiaW

Reaction score
I would like to know what gifts you have given to your regular clients at xmas, and/or what you intend to give them this year.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

I plan to buy one special regular of ours a lavender pillow...as she has terrible insomnia and anxiety issues, and I am hoping this will make her more comfortable. Bless her, shes lovely.x

I have had some Christmas cards printed with the salon name, logo etc on and all my regulars are getting a £5 voucher to use in January or February. Hopefully will encourage them to come in during my quieter time after Xmas :)

Iris do u mind telling me who you used for your cards? I would love to get some done x

I kind of have a different view on Christmas gifts to clients in that I dont do it, in any of my businesses. If I ever had a client that I had connected with in a way that they had become a personal friend then I probably would give them a something but this would be my personal gift to them not a business gift.

The reason that I generally dont (other than the fact that im a tight arse lol)
is that I am a service provider, in each of my businesses. Personally I tip or give a gift to my postman at Christmas, my paper boy, dry cleaner, all my service providers to show them appreciation and boost their season. I have never got a gift back from them and I wouldnt expect one.

Ive had clients give me gifts and tips at Christmas and ive never given them something back, in my view I am their service provider and they are giving me a Christmas bonus.

I do send clients cards of their correct religion (all major religions seem to have a holiday in the late months) and like I said, I will make a special case fr one who has become a special friend.

Clients often get added extras from me anyway throughout the year when I am feeling generous so its not that I dont give back to my clients or reward their loyalty, but I never do it en masse so as im expected to do it for them all.

Just thought I would share my view as its different from a lot and so for those not giving gifts or cant afford to, dont worry theres others of us that dont too :)

I just used vistaprint! They've got some great designs to choose from and not too expensive. I'm a fairly new salon, only opened in June, so I don't have a huge budget for this sort of thing but I wanted to do something to say thank you to my clients for the custom and loyalty since I opened :)

Thanks Iris, I think its a great way of getting business in Jan/Feb when its quiet x

Last year I give each of my regulars a pen with my business name postcode and telephone number on.they were only about £1.50 each and everyone comments on how nice th pen writes if they didn't get one lol.i don't know what to do this year either xx

Latest posts

Back