Xmas weight challenge starting today! Anyone want to join me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm in. I have a loads to lose. I'll set myself a goal of 20lbs. I told my husband if I lose 3 stone he has to give up smoking for good! So far, he's not giving up anytime soon. Going to dig out the old 30 day shred and get Jillian to help me!

We must not be too hard on ourselves. Why not set yourself a weekly goal of say 1-2 Lbs, starting now. Taking small steps will seem more achievable. I will try to give a few inspirational quotes to help us along the way.

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be"

Remember, next weigh-in will be Sunday. Good Luck everyone :Love:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382953885.335805.jpg

So far I'm between a bald eagle and 10 dozen eggs lol in just 6 weeks. Hoping by Christmas to have lost between the average two year old and the average amount of cheese an American eats in a year! So far I'm on track and at this rate I will be passing that loosing more :) I love slimming world

Fab xxHaylzxx!! That will give us something to think about. Thanks for posting xx

Remember Geeks, it doesn't matter what weight loss programme you are following. You can still join us here for the Christmas countdown!

Oh God, I need to lose an average house cat!
And mine feel quite heavy lol

Well... So far,so good. My biggest hurdle will be cutting out snacking... And so far no snacks!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm in too.. need to lose a sperm whales brain yeugh before chrimbo. Back on the dukan, that works for me....

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

Day 3 for me and doing good. Try to get a little bit of exercise in. I know, I know I hate it too:zzz: Even if it's only a few jumping jacks it's better than nothing!

"I hate exercise but I love what it does to my body!"

Day 3 for me too. Tough cutting out the carbs. I haven't a sweet tooth but today 'I WANT CAKE' lol :lol:

Me too, I started just after a week ago after a shrinking violet wrap to kick start.

No more excuses - tore my ankle badly a few years back, put on nearly 2 stone last year on Prozac ( and it won't come off:( ) and when I play netball I can't jump as high, run as fast and my joints hurt. So I've gotta get on it.

I won't be weighing myself though as I feel that it can make me demoralised if I don't lose weight weekly so il be looking in the mirror only.

Now off to the gym :)

I want to know who and how they weighed an elephants penis ???? 😝🐘

Anyway back to business I'm doing weight watchers 25lb off so far but tht has taken me 12 months !! Another 2.5 stone to go !

Keep up the good work geeks 👍

Laura 🐶 x

If the thread is out of sight then it will also be out of mind, so it's back up there to keep you all on your toes :D

I stayed the same this week at Weight watchers..

It's better than a gain so well done x

I've got swimming with the small person tomorrow (had a horrific food/lardy half term week)
So will weigh myself tomorrow morning...

Are we just putting +lbs or -lbs each week?

Looking forward to next week as its crunch time and the start of my ladies swim morning thang ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm in! Been eating like a right fat mare recently. I've put on half a stone since not sticking to a good diet eeeek. I live with my parents & have trouble with losing determination when I know something sweet is in the cupboard! How do you guys do it? Going to go to Tesco tomorrow & stock up on 'elfy stuff! What does everyone have for breakfast? I like yoghurt & granola but granola/muesli is so sugary, could I just add oats or is there another good substitute?

My last stint I had yoghurt & granola for breakfast, one of those Heinz sachet soups & a roll for lunch & a proper meal at night (chicken with salad & coleslaw or baked potato for example), no snacks! I lost a stone in about 1.5 months woohooo! With no exercise either.

I really want to do the Forever Living 'Clean 9 detox' but might wait until Jan!

Last edited:
I've got swimming with the small person tomorrow (had a horrific food/lardy half term week)
So will weigh myself tomorrow morning...

Are we just putting +lbs or -lbs each week?

Looking forward to next week as its crunch time and the start of my ladies swim morning thang ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

My weigh in is Sunday! Even if it's 1 LB off I'll be happy x

Quick tip to everyone...just done this on my water bottle to make sure I drink enough throughout the day. It's a 1.25L bottle, I've written 9am-3pm on one side then 4pm-9pm on the other (will be refilled at 3) so will be drinking 2.5L per day. Writing my healthy shopping list as I speak & I'd also recommend everyone to make a BBC Goodfood account & save healthy recipes, it's the best!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383340724.188372.jpg

Excuse the naked nails & mess, sorry if it's massive!

Last edited:
After having my 2nd ive put on a ridiculous amount of weight.......(3-4stone heavier to be precise) im trying to cut down bread, pasta etc as it bloats me ridiculously and get walking places more instead of taxis haha WE CAN ALL DO IT :-D

Quick tip to everyone...just done this on my water bottle to make sure I drink enough throughout the day. It's a 1.25L bottle, I've written 9am-3pm on one side then 3pm-9pm on the other (will be refilled at 3) so will be drinking 2.5L per day. Writing my healthy shopping list as I speak & I'd also recommend everyone to make a BBC Goodfood account & save healthy recipes, it's the best!

View attachment 46858

Excuse the naked nails & mess, sorry if it's massive!

WhT a good idea :) might pinch that idea from you if you dont mind :) xx

Latest posts

Back