Xmas weight challenge starting today! Anyone want to join me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lost 2.5lbs this week :)

Today I'm wallowing in my own self pity.
So fed up with eating clean and hitting the gym with no results, yet stop for 4 days and I gain weight.

After being on Prozac I just can't shift the weight And I just don't know what else I can do other than the clean eating and exercise.

I even had a personal trainer at beginning of the year and was on fat burners and steroids to drop the weight, 3 flipping lbs after 4 months.

So frustrated having been in pretty good shape all my life but now seems my metabolism is ruined forever and I'm gonna get bigger and bigger :( despite my efforts!

Today I'm wallowing in my own self pity.
So fed up with eating clean and hitting the gym with no results, yet stop for 4 days and I gain weight.

After being on Prozac I just can't shift the weight And I just don't know what else I can do other than the clean eating and exercise.

I even had a personal trainer at beginning of the year and was on fat burners and steroids to drop the weight, 3 flipping lbs after 4 months.

So frustrated having been in pretty good shape all my life but now seems my metabolism is ruined forever and I'm gonna get bigger and bigger :( despite my efforts!

Are you still on Prozac? If you are could you change it? Are you eating enough? Do you track what you are eating each day?
Really feel for you, I'm on Mirtazapine and find it hard to shift the weight on those x

Are you still on Prozac? If you are could you change it? Are you eating enough? Do you track what you are eating each day?
Really feel for you, I'm on Mirtazapine and find it hard to shift the weight on those x

I came off it about a year and a half ago and have been trying to loose weight since then without any results

I eat well - have my protein for breakie, ( eggs)
Lunch makeral, veg, cottage cheese , and similar in evenings - consuming 1500- 2000 calories, weight training and cardio etc but can't drop any more that 3lbs.
I've spent hundreds on food - personal trainers etc / don't know what else to do.

I work 12 hour days as it is and I'm not sitting on my butt either, I have a cleaning job, coach sport and do my beauty so everything that should suggest it would now come off but not budged at all!

What next ?

It could just be that you aren't going to lose anymore :( Have you been to your doctors? Maybe there is something else stopping you lose weight like thyroid x

It could just be that you aren't going to lose anymore :( Have you been to your doctors? Maybe there is something else stopping you lose weight like thyroid x

I originally went to my doctors to take me off it due to the weight gain. Then I went back after 6 months as it wasn't shifting and asked for a blood test. This came back clear - so I spoke to the doctor to which he said it wasn't the Prozac And I must be eating too much.

I actually left in tears - welcome to the nhs!

I originally went to my doctors to take me off it due to the weight gain. Then I went back after 6 months as it wasn't shifting and asked for a blood test. This came back clear - so I spoke to the doctor to which he said it wasn't the Prozac And I must be eating too much.

I would go back to the Doctor, a lot of the time hormones don't always show in blood tests! Doctor's can be a joke, I went about not losing weight she basically said oh well...

Contraception?

Contraception?

Omg never even thought of that!

I'm on ridevidon was originally on microgynon. Can't find too much on the net about it though.

Anyone else on it?

omg never even thought of that!

I'm on ridevidon was originally on microgynon. Can't find too much on the net about it though.

Anyone else on it?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384638673.226555.jpg

Weight gain is a very common side effect with most contraception 😰

I'd come off for a min 6 months and see how you get on --be careful--

7 years ago I split with my ex, prior to that I spent 4 years on the pill microgynon one or something like that, I was 11st 4 heaviest and I know for my night I was only a size 12 but for me who was always a very fit athletic 9st 7 this was way too big for me and I point blank refused to get bigger, I mentioned it time after time to the family planning clinic and they were convinced i haven't put any on from the start.... I beg to differ, when we split I thought I need a break and came off, now I haven't gone back to my 9st 7 when I was 16 but at 29 im 10st dead mostly but 5ft 8, top half I've always looked skinny bottom not so much... I'm a pear. Kinda, I have wide shoulders so an hourglass some argue.

So now faced with needing to go back on the pill i really don't want too! I'm happy with my size but want to tone my bottom half, I like being a le to eat what I want when I want, as I don't over eat and am fairly healthy naturally. But I'll have to start watching my weight again, and I got a bit obsessed last time to say the least. I hate diets and controlled eating, so I'm not looking forward to that again :(

Lunch makeral, veg, cottage cheese , and similar in evenings - consuming 1500- 2000 calories, weight training and cardio etc but can't drop any more that 3lbs.
I've spent hundreds on food - personal trainers etc / don't know what else to do.

I work 12 hour days as it is and I'm not sitting on my butt either, I have a cleaning job, coach sport and do my beauty so everything that should suggest it would now come off but not budged at all!

What next ?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried eating every 2-3 hours to give your metabolism going. I know when you are working it can be difficult, but if you bring in your snacks prepared it can really help. It could be worth a try.

7 years ago I split with my ex, prior to that I spent 4 years on the pill microgynon one or something like that, I was 11st 4 heaviest and I know for my night I was only a size 12 but for me who was always a very fit athletic 9st 7 this was way too big for me and I point blank refused to get bigger, I mentioned it time after time to the family planning clinic and they were convinced i haven't put any on from the start.... I beg to differ, when we split I thought I need a break and came off, now I haven't gone back to my 9st 7 when I was 16 but at 29 im 10st dead mostly but 5ft 8, top half I've always looked skinny bottom not so much... I'm a pear. Kinda, I have wide shoulders so an hourglass some argue.

So now faced with needing to go back on the pill i really don't want too! I'm happy with my size but want to tone my bottom half, I like being a le to eat what I want when I want, as I don't over eat and am fairly healthy naturally. But I'll have to start watching my weight again, and I got a bit obsessed last time to say the least. I hate diets and controlled eating, so I'm not looking forward to that again :(

mm29 - thanks for finding that / I did some research last night but couldn't find too much on weight gain, a lot on head aches and mood swings though.

NICsharestudio - interesting to hear your story on that which actually sounds very very similar to me.

I've always been sporty and athletic, used to sit around 9.5 stone, at my heaviest I was 10.5. Since the Prozac and changing my pill to microgynon and then rigevidon all at the sane time ( end of 2011) I've crept up to now 12stone.
I'm not huge by any counts, I have broad shoulders and muscly legs but I can't can't shift the excess no matter what I try.
Doctors don't seem to want to know and suggest that even eating one extra slice of toast per day could cause weight gain - seriously!!!!!
Family planning seem to be retired volunteer nurses that don't really know their job so where do u go from here?

Also I'm 31 now any knowing weight loss won't get any easier the older I get.

How Long did the weight take to drop off ?

Sorry for highjacking this thread ladies x

Hi Everyone, my name is Ellie, can i join in?

I just had a baby 13 weeks ago and this would be great to give me a kick up the back side. Before i met my husband 3 years ago i had lost quiet alot of weight and become very fit. I have since gained 50pds and need to get it off.
I am officially starting in the morning :)
Aim this week 3pds.

Everyone welcome Ellie! Another 1LB off for me.

I came off it about a year and a half ago and have been trying to loose weight since then without any results

What next ?

It sounds like you've hit a Plateau! This happens when you start dieting and the body gets used to what you're eating ect. Have you tried up'ing your water intake an reducing salt? I don't know wether you've heard of it but I'm currently doing the dukan diet. I lost 3st last year by following it and stupidly put it all back on after I over indulged on a holiday and couldn't get back on it. The reason ive suggested this diet is because it sounds quite similar to what you're eating now. Is say try an not get to disheartened (I know it's easy to say) but you just need to get past it and the weight should start to come off again 😊

It sounds like you've hit a Plateau! This happens when you start dieting and the body gets used to what you're eating ect. Have you tried up'ing your water intake an reducing salt? I don't know wether you've heard of it but I'm currently doing the dukan diet. I lost 3st last year by following it and stupidly put it all back on after I over indulged on a holiday and couldn't get back on it. The reason ive suggested this diet is because it sounds quite similar to what you're eating now. Is say try an not get to disheartened (I know it's easy to say) but you just need to get past it and the weight should start to come off again 😊

Plateaued? I never lost more than 3lbs despite the diet plans, personal trainer, fat burners and t5s! lol

mm29 - thanks for finding that / I did some research last night but couldn't find too much on weight gain, a lot on head aches and mood swings though.

NICsharestudio - interesting to hear your story on that which actually sounds very very similar to me.

I've always been sporty and athletic, used to sit around 9.5 stone, at my heaviest I was 10.5. Since the Prozac and changing my pill to microgynon and then rigevidon all at the sane time ( end of 2011) I've crept up to now 12stone.
I'm not huge by any counts, I have broad shoulders and muscly legs but I can't can't shift the excess no matter what I try.
Doctors don't seem to want to know and suggest that even eating one extra slice of toast per day could cause weight gain - seriously!!!!!
Family planning seem to be retired volunteer nurses that don't really know their job so where do u go from here?

Also I'm 31 now any knowing weight loss won't get any easier the older I get.

How Long did the weight take to drop off ?

Sorry for highjacking this thread ladies x

It did seem to shift until I decided to go on a health kick, I lost a few pounds but that was it for the 8 months before my health kick, I decided to just eat properly, only have chocolate or rubbish if I actually wanted it, not fancied it, lots of water not coke, and the gym. It dropped off over the course of a year and i was back to me again.

So don't diet! Eat properly, regularly and often but small pieces, eat what you want within moderation. Lots of water and excesize, you'll soon be at you natural body weight.

Dieting ruins your body engine and is the reason for weight gain once you go back to eating normal amounts again.

Latest posts

Back