YCHI exema and blond hair extensions...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurax

Reaction score
hello... got a few question 4 all u experienced laydeez..

1, im having hair extension put in once my god daamn pob grows out, my salon doesnt do hair extensions and i know little about them only what ive read, i want the single ones, if that makes sence,, only im wondering what happens when i need my blonde roots done, i know the extensions will be real hair, and it will be possible 2 die bleach them etc, but id rather not bleach them :cry: so do i have them taken out or what?? HELP :eek:

2, since i have been working i the hair salon im in now (2 yrz) i have HORRENDOUS exema/ dermatitis which flares up like, aaalll the time and KILLS, i neva had it when i was just doing beauty, its vile, i lost 1 of my nails once it got so bad, i use diprobase and a steroid cream bt nothing works, any advice is muchos appreciated, ive been on maternity leave for 6months now and the strange thing is i thought it would clear up, not being arround bleach etc 2 aggrivate it, however its still here, ychi as ever, it just wont clear up 4 love nor money... :mad:

so come on.. hit me with ur wisdome... sorry about the long post, im a newbie and a little exited 4 finding this site :green:

Last edited:
Hi.ive trained in raccoon extentions and you can still colour your roots just like you would normally. You would first make sure your hair is the colour you want it when you go for a consultation for extentions. They will then colour match them. You can then still do your roots but i wouldn't put colour on the extentions. this is just my opinion :) others may differ.

2. i worked with a girl in oz that had bad contact dermititus(think that is how you spell it:confused:) she always wore black latex gloves with no coating (they are quite thick) she never shampooed and all products were put on with gloves. This seemed to work well for her, she just had to make sure nothing went on her arms.

You can buy the gloves from the wholesalers, i use them now cause you can take them off and put them back on easily.:green: hope that helps a bit.

aww thanku 4 that, ill find out about those black gloves,i wish i didnt have 2 wash in our salon, im sure thats where the problem started, however altho we have a junior everyone has 2 wash ther clients hair, our salon isnt run 2 well u see, dont get me started though it would be a never ending rant! x thanku!!

could you wash the clients hair with gloves on? those black ones are very smooth and dont pull the hair imo. that might help a bit

Hi,

Regarding the extensions, bandit is correct in saying not to colour the actual ext. You would normally colour match to your existing colour. There are ext. you can colour safely if you cannot get a correct match but check that with your extensionist. To my knowledge there is not an extension you can bleach or lighten as the human hair is prepared by either removing the cuticle or shaving it, the hair would simply disintegrate.
If you normally have a full head colour you would have it coloured before ext. were applied. If this colour needs re-applying every 6 weeks I would recommend the Balmain double hair as you remove this completely every 6 weeks. You could then get your roots done and same ext. hair reapplied in the same day in less than 3 hrs, saving money and time.
If you are still wanting to go down the route (pardon the pun) of individual bonds, you would only have these removed every 3 months therefore you would be unable to have your roots touched up where the ext. are. You could still have the roots touched up on the top of your head where there is no ext.

Dont forget that if you are wishing to add hair for length, your actual own hair length needs to be in a long bob and to only double your own visual length for it to look as natural as possible.

Latest posts

Back