YEDL - Should I complain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
So I opened up my salon this morning to find that I had a workforce digging up the pavement in front of my salon. (And the rest of the street.)
When I got into the salon there was a letter that stated that they would have to turn off the electricity for a brief period and would be done when conveinient for us.
So I went out to the workmen to try and find out when this would be. They informed me that it woudn't be for another few weeks yet!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTH so I have diggers and the lot directly outside me salon for a few weeks????????
I spend a lot of time on my window display which I have just recently done and also I get professional posters printed to hang in the window to advertise treatments. The view of these is now completely obstructed.

To make things even worse I have just paid alot of money to introduce hair extensions to the salon and had a poster printed for this reason. Obviously the passing trade can't see it.

What I want to know is would you complain. The rashional side of me says that work has to be done but I'm so annoyed that I wasn't given proper warning of this.
Sorry to ramble on.
xx

I think you should have been given warning that this was going to happen. Is it possible for clients to still get to your salon with ease??? When will they turn the electric back on??? I would complain that you were not given any warning and if you lose any earnings from having no electric then try and claim it off them as you again were not told. I have no experience in this but its what I would do hun. X

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I would contact the highways department of your local council as they should have notified you if not YEDL.
August is a bad month for all businesses, so this is the last thing you need?

Maybe worth contacting your local councillor for some advice as well? How about contacting the local paper and suggesting a story - "small business defies disruption" and make sure everyone knows you're still open during the work.

HTH ?
Cx

Latest posts

Back