Yell.co.uk?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hel2810

Reaction score
Hi geeks, does anyone advertise through Yell using the paid advertising page? Just wondering if it's worth using xx

It's now Hibu not Yell but I always found there paid advertising not to be up to much. I know a few DJ's who tried it for a year or 2 and spent a £100 + and didn't get anything for it really. Like me they got the same amount from a free listing :)

Stick to the free one.

Save yourself the hassle, they will bombard you with calls daily trying to force you into paying lots of money to buy your way into 'page 1 of Google'. They were very difficult to get rid of. And I don't think anyone can guarantee what they are promising.

I had a good experience with hem!
their customer service was very good! And when I wanted to cancel they were fine with it.
I got ALL my tanning clients from being on the site, my problem was I couldn't get to all of them as they were calling me from all over London!

I advertise with them but only use the free ad. I find it works perfectly. Almost all my new clients come through it. The rest either google or are word of mouth.

Yell have contacted me a few times trying to get me to use a fee paying ad with them, but as it is working fine as it is, I don't see any reason to pay something like £20 - £50 per month!

Whenever they call I just let them know that I'm still not at the stage to take it further and pay monthly. They have been happy with that and just check that I have all the necessary components to get the ad out to as many people as possible. They have been great really. Can't complain. But I wouldn't pay to advertise with them. I don't find ads in papers or magazines work either. I have my adverts on free websites, I have my own website as well as Facebook and Twitter. I've only paid for adverts twice and neither got me any business.

Thanks for all the comments, I think I'll be sticking with the free advert 😃

How do you go about getting the free advert? :)

Just google 'yell free ad' and it should get u a link, it's really easy to do 😀

Save yourself the hassle, they will bombard you with calls daily trying to force you into paying lots of money to buy your way into 'page 1 of Google'. They were very difficult to get rid of. And I don't think anyone can guarantee what they are promising.

Totally agree with you. The exact same happened to me too. They would call about 6 times a day then the crafty buggers changed the number they were calling me from so when I answered it it was the usual scripted chat!! I allowed someone to come out to see me but she turned up half an hour late and couldn't even use her laptop t show me stuff... A few days later the calls started again so I told the person what had happened.... He arranged for her to come out AGAIN... Well then she phoned me being really rude and aggressive on the phone saying 'what have I gotta come back to u for I've already been and u told him I was late' it's fair to say I blew up on the phone and phoned yell back and told them to never call me again.. They haven't!!!

I have three numbers on my phone named " don't answer" which I then know it's them! They kept pestering me on my days off and holidays, I told them I'm not interested and they kept calling, thankfully they have stopped for now!

Latest posts

Back