Yellow orange hair after bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Giles

Reaction score
So one of my clients is now a 8/9 level BUT ends are yellow and more pastel orange like 5 inches from scalp... Hair is not in the best condition so would like to avoid any other bleach (including bleach baths). So I am thinking 10/16 mixed with 9/8 to neutralize the yellow and orange or 9/8 and 9/16? Or should I just bleach bath it anyway (we do not have olaplex as of yet) with 10 vol and keep a close eye on it and then use the 9/16 or 10/16?

Hi you would need to use a toner with a base 8-9 or it won’t have enough pigment in to neutralise, it also depends what result you want
Something violet based will neutralise the yellow , blue would neutralise the orange tones

Hi you would need to use a toner with a base 8-9 or it won’t have enough pigment in to neutralise, it also depends what result you want
Something violet based will neutralise the yellow , blue would neutralise the orange tones
So mixing 9/16 with 9/8 is a good idea then? the 9/16 to neutralize the yellow and the 9/8 to neutralize the orange. Or what do you think?

No, think about the lightening curve.
You need to tone with a level 7 tint otherwise there won’t be enough pigment to cover adequately.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510731284.017348.jpg

I would lowlight with a 7 to cover some orange - have you been highlighting over a tint so the roots are bright and the ends orange?

Hi it depends what depth you want to end up with ! And how much warmth you and the client would be happy to eliminate
If you are on a base 8-9 at the moment anything lighter than that won’t get rid of it completely , but if you go deeper she is going to end up looking more brunette.
As long as you explain to client you could try it and she will possibly have to end up going darker

Hi it depends what depth you want to end up with ! And how much warmth you and the client would be happy to eliminate
If you are on a base 8-9 at the moment anything lighter than that won’t get rid of it completely , but if you go deeper she is going to end up looking more brunette.
As long as you explain to client you could try it and she will possibly have to end up going darker
Unfortunately she wants platina blond hair level 11ish. So as little warmth as possible and as high level as possible too

No, think about the lightening curve.
You need to tone with a level 7 tint otherwise there won’t be enough pigment to cover adequately.

View attachment 206452
Weird thing is she is lighter than a 7 but still has a bit of orange. it isnt like the usual orange but more like a neon bright but still a level 8 or 9. So weird. Ends are lighter and only yellow.

well now i am thinking of either tell her to expect a darker result OR tell her we need to cut her hair a bit and then do a bleach bath to remove the orange and then just use 10/16 to remove the yellow tones that are left.

How’s the condition ? If it will take it ?maybe you could tone with the 9 and tell her it’s gonna take a few applications to get the desired result ( Recommend olaplex )
What did you lift it from , was it tinted ? X

How’s the condition ? If it will take it ?maybe you could tone with the 9 and tell her it’s gonna take a few applications to get the desired result ( Recommend olaplex )
What did you lift it from , was it tinted ? X
Ends were level 7 and about 5 inches from scalp was level 6 (hence the orange), quite a lot of red pigment in the area closest to scalp. The condition isnt too bad but 1 inch on the ends are not in the best condition... Wouldnt bleach bath it even unless she agrees to having ends cut. Thank you for your help!

Ends were level 7 and about 5 inches from scalp was level 6 (hence the orange), quite a lot of red pigment in the area closest to scalp. The condition isnt too bad but 1 inch on the ends are not in the best condition... Wouldnt bleach bath it even unless she agrees to having ends cut. Thank you for your help!
Have you tried blondeme lightening cream it's amazing you get the subtle lift with a low peroxide then use the blondeme potion then mask over the top which actually does strengthen so you can tone on top without the fuzzy sticky over processed outcome .. all this aside it all comes down to what you feel you seem as you know what your doing follow your gut xx

Have you tried blondeme lightening cream it's amazing you get the subtle lift with a low peroxide then use the blondeme potion then mask over the top which actually does strengthen so you can tone on top without the fuzzy sticky over processed outcome .. all this aside it all comes down to what you feel you seem as you know what your doing follow your gut xx
Thank you, I might go with blondme in the future instead, heard a lot of positive feedback about the blondme range. Thanks again for helping me out xx

Latest posts

Back