Yellow Pages special offer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
Just been called by Yellow Pages; they have a special offer on at the moment. You can have a business card sized ad for a year for £190 inc VAT. You don't have to pay for it until Feb 09 and you can pay in 10 interest free instalments too.
:)

Hi there

Just thought I would let you know about my advert in the yellow pages. I paid £220 or mine (business card size)& did it over the 10 month direct debit option as you mentioned. I paid my first installment in feb this year & was quite perterbed that the yellow pages was not even delivered in my local area at the end of March, I had to phone them at the beginning of April for my copy. also to date I have only received 2 phone calls from prospective clients who got my number from this ad & they only amounted to £60.00 worth of treatments. finally I am constantly bombarded by cold callers who go through the yellow pages & select people to try & sell to & harrass!!! Very annoying!

So to it goes without saying that I won't be renewing my advert in 09. However, I will continue to deliver flyers in my local area & further a field when I can (usually every couple of months) As each time I do I get a good response & it has always worked for me & the best form of advertising for me is good word of mouth.

I don't want to put you off advertising in the yellow pages as maybe it could work for you but thought I would let you know that in my experience expensive adverising isn't always the best.

HTH

best wishes & good luck in whatever you decide to do

Gem

I find yell a good place to advertise. I buy a half page ad in one and a quarter page in the other. They say they dont discount but I hold out and they usually give in.

I also find a problem and complain and I have got my £7K advert free before now lol!

Put in your advert that withheld numbers are not accepted and block them altogether - no more cold callers!

Personally now though I would pay for an enhanced advert on yell.com as most people have access to the internet and search for ads or companies online now rather than the book.

I do anyway, I dont even know where my book is!

Kate

Your advert cost 7 thousand pounds?

Yell.com contacted me in march this year when I just started freelancing and offered me to place an advert for £21 a month, which I agreed to thinking that the price is very reasonable and yell.com is a good place to advertise. They promised me 3-4 new clients a month, it's been 7 month so far and I had only one client for lip wax through their web site. Disappointing.

I already have an ad on yell.com, but this is for the paper Yellow Pages. I thought that £190 for the year wasn't bad...

Its better spent with a well known media output like that than say, some cold caller lol! God I wasted so much cash with them things in my first year of business and it never worked.

I am surprised people say yell.com dosnt work. Do you have it linked to an external website?? I do which I think clients prefer as that website is often the first impression clients get.

Yes 7K but I more than made that back with the calls I generated. I get around 30 calls a month from yell.

i was with yellow pages got about 3 phone calls with them and loadsa and loads of cold calling.

Latest posts

Back